Time: October 30, 2017 at 8am to November 3, 2017 at 5pm
Street: Monrovia street, comet house
Website or Map: https://goo.gl/4AoPMz
Event Type: training
Organized By: Datastat Research Center
Latest Activity: Oct 2, 2017
The course commonly known as Peace Building Institute (PBI) focuses on enhancing capacities of peace building strategic actors across Africa to effectively and sustainably respond to the current and emerging challenges and new frontiers in peace and conflict mitigation. Diverse modules and components have been developed to ensure comprehensive training and skills development given different scenarios of conflicts in the continent. This includes conflicts within transitions and post-conflict reconstructions and challenges and dilemmas that emerge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets wide range of strategic actors – both state and non-state – and include non-governmental organizations, faith communities,, and public servants interested in deepening their understanding on conflict transformation and wishing to work in conflict settings or committed to including conflict-sensitive approaches in their programme work.
By the end of the training the learner should be able:
• Conflicts in Africa; Historical perspectives on the entrenchment of violence.
• Understanding the concepts of peace, justice and reconciliation.
• Conflict resolution and social justice.
• The continuum of conflict resolution strategies.
• Exploration of indigenous mechanisms and third party intervention.
• Dealing with victims
• The challenges of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDP’s)
• Relief, rehabilitation and development as part of peace-building
• Democratic peace-building processes.
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
Teaching methodology will include introductory and participatory presentations, discussions of practical experiences and case studies, group discussions, role plays and simulations and short video clips.
Course Duration: 5 Days
Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: 10/30/2017
End Date: 11/03/2017
Fee: Ksh 70000, $800
APPLY ONLINE: https://goo.gl/4AoPMz
TELEPHONE : +254724527104