mepeace.org - network for peace

We were supposed to do a tour in Jericho today but it was cancelled. What was interesting to me telling other Israeli Jews where we were going is that many wanted to come, some did not but all said the same things: “But it’s not safe”. Most Israelis (unless they travel in the West Bank) assume that anywhere Arab is not safe for Jews. This is not a debate about the why (Israelis hear Palestinian violence or threats towards Jews daily for 100 years) or if this is fair or comparable (Palestinians also fear Israeli soldiers/it is a minority who commit violence).

My question is that if there are two peoples living on this land and we have to find a way to live together somehow- how can this be done when we are so cut off from one another and violence keeps us away from even trying to get to know each other? How do we change the mantra of ‘Arabs are violent’ or ‘Israelis are violent’?

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I find Amos Oz to be an overrated writer to the extreme and full of phoney sentimentality.  Perhaps you should write him, Sussan, and ask him to read (or reread) the Hamas Charter.  From the standpoint of Hamas, it's an ideological struggle and no amount of compromise will assuage its (Hamas) need to destroy and decimate.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Jacques Banne joined a group
Thumbnail

MEPEACE Volunteers

Join this group to participate and lead our transformation. Join and receive details. You can also…See More
3 hours ago
Jacques Banne liked Eyal Raviv's group MEPEACE Volunteers
3 hours ago
Jacques Banne updated their profile
3 hours ago
Irit Hakim-Keller and Jacques Banne are now friends
14 hours ago
Irit Hakim-Keller liked Jacques Banne's discussion Art as a bridge for pEACE
14 hours ago
Jacques Banne shared Roberta Francis's blog post on Facebook
22 hours ago
Jacques Banne added a discussion to the group IPCRI - Israel/Palestine Center for Research & Information
Thumbnail

Art as a bridge for pEACE

Dear,I am the founder and the organizer of : Iartexpo art as a bridge for peace, International art…See More
23 hours ago
Jacques Banne joined a group
Thumbnail

IPCRI - Israel/Palestine Center for Research & Information

IPCRI is a joint Israeli-Palestinian public policy think tank and do-tank located in Jerusalem.…See More
23 hours ago

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service