mepeace.org

For Sussan : there are a lot more if you want..

Arabs Urged to Flee from Palestine in 1948:
Arab and Independent Sources Document
That Arab Leaders Urged Palestinians to Leave

"The fact that there are these refugees is the direct consequence of the act of the Arab states in
opposing partition and the Jewish state. The Arab states agreed upon this policy unanimously and
they must share in the solution of the problem."
-- Emile Ghoury, secretary of the Palestinian Arab Higher Committee, in an interview with the Beirut
Telegraph September 6, 1948. (same appeared in The London Telegraph, August 1948)

"The most potent factor [in the flight of Palestinians] was the announcements made over the air by
the Arab-Palestinian Higher Executive, urging all Haifa Arabs to quit... It was clearly intimated that
Arabs who remained in Haifa and accepted Jewish protection would be regarded as renegades."
-- London Economist October 2, 1948

"It must not be forgotten that the Arab Higher Committee encouraged the refugees' flight from their
homes in Jaffa, Haifa, and Jerusalem."
-- Near East Arabic Broadcasting Station, Cyprus, April 3, 1949

"Every effort is being made by the Jews to persuade the Arab populace to stay and carry on with
their normal lives, to get their shops and businesses open and to be assured that their lives and
interests will be safe."
-- Haifa District HQ of the British Police, April 26, 1948, (quoted in Battleground by Samuel Katz).
"The mass evacuation, prompted partly by fear, partly by order of Arab leaders, left the Arab quarter
of Haifa a ghost city.... By withdrawing Arab workers their leaders hoped to paralyze Haifa."
-- Time Magazine, May 3, 1948, page 25

"The Arab civilians panicked and fled ignominiously. Villages were frequently abandoned before they
were threatened by the progress of war."
-- General John Glubb "Pasha," The London Daily Mail, August 12, 1948

"The Arabs of Haifa fled in spite of the fact that the Jewish authorities guaranteed their safety and
rights as citizens of Israel."
-- Monsignor George Hakim, Greek Catholic Bishop of Galilee, New York Herald Tribune, June 30, 1949
Sir John Troutbeck, British Middle East Office in Cairo, noted in cables to superiors (1948-49) that
the refugees (in Gaza) have no bitterness against Jews, but harbor intense hatred toward Egyptians:

"They say 'we know who our enemies are (referring to the Egyptians)', declaring that their Arab
brethren persuaded them unnecessarily to leave their homes…I even heard it said that many of the
refugees would give a welcome to the Israelis if they were to come in and take the district over."

"The Arab states which had encouraged the Palestine Arabs to leave their homes temporarily in
order to be out of the way of the Arab invasion armies, have failed to keep their promise to help
these refugees."
-- The Jordanian daily newspaper Falastin, February 19, 1949.

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have seen Mitchell Bard’s work before. It is all Zionist racist gibberish, to put it politely. The Jewish Virtual Library, is not trustworthy; although some of the items are correct, much of it is fabricated.

So which quotes are wrong, all the sources are there?  BTW remind us all again why your family left, like many others? As for the term Zionist Racist, I would say is anti-Israel hatred.

I have depended on the Jewish Virtual Library a great deal for historical research.  The information which I got out of there, I was able to link up with the same information from other sources.  I got the letter from Yasser Arafat out of the Jewish Virtual Library, stating that he and the Palestine Liberation Organization recognize the State of Israel.  When I showed this to Jewish extremists, their reply was "but it is just a letter."  Well it is not a forgery either.  So many times the Jewish Virtual LIbrary can be used against Jewish extremists, who just want the Jews to remain perpetual victims.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Roger Eaton added a discussion to the group Women Initiating New Dialogue (WIND)
Thumbnail

Check out UNA-SF's Gender Crosstalk

The United Nations Association of San Francisco wishes to alert members of mepeace to our…See More
Tuesday
Libby and Len Traubman posted a blog post

The 2014 Season of Light Three Continent Video Bridge

The 2014 Season of LightThree Continent Video BridgeTo Maximize Social Media and Internet…See More
Sunday
OMKAR PRASAD BAIDYA updated their profile
Sunday
Dr. Peter Stockdale updated their profile
Sunday
Dr. Peter Stockdale and Pastor Samuel Muderhwa are now friends
Sunday
Eyal Raviv updated an event
Thumbnail

Annual MEPEACE Awards at International

December 31, 2014 all day
MEPEACE is pleased to announce the annual Peacemaker Awards to shine a light on those who inspire…See More
Saturday
Profile Iconmepeace.org via Facebook
Thumbnail

Enjoy and share today's recommendations on…

See More
FacebookSaturday · Reply
Irit Hakim-Keller liked Narda Azaria Dalgleish's video
Saturday

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service