mepeace.org

Admin OptionsEdit Post Add Tags

Delete Post Manage Blog Dear Peacemakers,

There I was, standing amongst several hundred mostly Palestinians chanting anti-Israel slogans along with "Free Gaza" and "Free Palestine" in front of the Isaeli Consulate in New York City.

As I hugged one of the organizers, a Palestinian friend, I whispered in his ears "this is a missed opportunity."

Yes, a missed opportunity.

The point of the protest was to call for an immediate stop to the violence and killing and for an immediate cease fire on both sides.

However, my friend's good intentions were over taken emmotions, anger and hatred.

He said to me that he couldn't speak to this crowd in terms declaring a much bigger context: ending the suffering of the children caught in the middle of all conflicts worldwide Israel-Palestine or Pakistan-India, and the Civil Wars in many African nations. Or to even suggest an end to suffering on the Israeli side.

NOW is the time for each of us begins saying something different in these demoralizing and disheartening tragic times.

Name calling and pretending only one side is responsible for any or all of the killing and suffering makes no difference.

Each of us should be looking at what actions we can take and words we can speak that WILL make a difference.

What if each of us circulate the contact information (e-mail addresses, government offices, etc. ...) and ask that all of us seeking to stand for the rights of all children to grow up free, safe and strong flood these leaders for a call to stop the violence for all of humanity? I will post contact information for President-elect Barack Obama. Who can supply the contact information for leaders of Hamas and Israel?

Can we agree to keep all communications in the possibility of creating a new dialogue for peace?

What if each of us with an affintity to one people or country, choose to stand for all people and for ALL CHILDREN?

What if we started a world-wide movement that crossed all borders, all ideologies and all peace organizations and began speaking as one?

The message could be as simple as "Choose Peace!"

Israelis, Palestinians, Columbians, Sudanese, Indians, Pakistanis, Somalians ... CHOOSE PEACE!

I makes no difference to debate which party is right or wrong when people are dying.

What is important IS making a bold stand on behalf of the generations to come in the face of no agreement from the misguided leaders of countries and organizations.

I CHOOSE PEACE ON BEHALF OF HUMANITY ... PERIOD! And you?

Much love and peace,
Jeff Rudy
Development Director
Where Peace LIves - Remember Peace Lives in YOU!
www.wherepeacelives.org
201-349-2331

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Mazin,

I do not believe I am someone "open teh mental chains of tribalism taht still haunts humanity and even peopel like you who are caught up in this idea that there is two sides."

There no sides. Only the failed enthrenched agruments of the past that Israelis as well as Palestinians continue to hold onto as the loss of life continues.

Do think your views are new? Do you think your views are right?

I am looking for a NEW dialogue that is not based in the past or even in the present. I am looking for a NEW dialogue that can create the possibility for peace.

Much love and peace,
Jeff
You say you want a new dialogue that is not based on teh past or the present. But how about the future. We have 10 million Palestinians in teh world, 2/3rd of us are refugees or displaced people and teh rest in Ghettos under constant attack. Unemployment for those who remain is 40$% and those employed make less than 1/12th of what those who stole teh land make. I have two questions

1) How do you propose to correct thsi injustice with your dialogue?
2) Would the same ideas you are espousing now have worked in Apartheid South Africa or in challenging other forms of fascim?
Mazin,

I am suggesting that language give us our occurring world.

Can you consider speaking not from the facts that you bring up, but from what you would want your children and their children? Do you think you want any more or any less for your children than anyone else?

My promise to myself when my sister passed in 2000 was that I would not leave the world behind the way it was for my nephew (17 at the time, now 25) to deal with. I stopped looking at this conflict as a Jew with affinity for a place called Israel, but as a human being seeking a world where all children grow up free, safe and strong.

I seek that for the generations to come. Would that lead to the elimination of a country called Israel, a home for the Jewish people? I don't know. Would that create a Palestine for just your people? I don't know.

However, you can stick to your facts and your views and, I would suggest, the results will be predictable: more of the same hardship, heartbreak and pain that all people of the region have suffered for the past 60 or more years.

Perhaps I am dreaming that you and I can join together in creating a future that works for Israelis and Palestinians, Jews and Muslims, Muslims and Hindus, Catholics, Budhists, etc ...

I am taking a stand for a world that works for everyone.

Thank you for engaging me in this conversation.

Much love and peace,
Jeff

Are you looking for retribution or restitution?
Dear Jeff:

Maybe you can read my book "Sharing the Landof Canaan" published in 2004 and now translated in other languages (unfortunately not yet in Hebrew) where I do precisely what you say you want to do. I not only write about that future of coexistance in peace and equality. I live it. Israelis and Palestinians who believe in our joint future together are working every day at this. Israeli groups like Zochrot and the Israel committee against home demolitions and my own group here in Beit Sahour (I am chairman of the Palestinian Center for Rapprochement Between People). Come visit us some day.
Dear Mazin,

Thank you for this information.

This morning I have decided to contact the Interfaith Organizations to call them into action. I am seeking all like minded organizations to speak with one voice -PEACE.

I will be coming to Israel and Palestine in the near future and looking forward to meeting in person.

Much love and peace,
Jeff
Hello Peacemakers,

I am posting the contact information for Political Leaders of the United States. I ask you all add those leaders from your countries and worldwide.
My intention is to begin a worldwide campaign to flood these leaders with a message: WE CHOOSE PEACE!
I ask that anyone writing a letter take the opportunity to share there humanity and not there "point of view" or play the "blame game."
Get present to your humanity and take a stand on behalf of all children:Palestinian, Israeli, Pakistani, Indian, Sudanese, Somaili ....
Let us cross all borders and ideologies and make a difference by creating the possibility of a NEW CONVERSATION never before had for PEACE.

Here are my contacts:
President-Elect Barack Obama
Only information that I have at this time:
http://change.gov/

Vice President-Elect Joseph Biden, Jr.
201 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington D. C. 20510
tel: (202) 224-5042
fax: (202) 224-0139
Web Form: biden.senate.gov/services/contact/

Majority Leader of United States Senate
Harry Reid
Washington DC
528 Hart Senate Office Bldg
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: 202-224-3542
Fax: 202-224-7327
Toll Free for Nevadans:
1-866-SEN-REID (736-7343)
http://reid.senate.gov/

Minority Leader of the United States Senate
Mitch McConnell
Washington D.C. Office
361-A Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2541
Fax: (202) 224-2499
http://mcconnell.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
Nancy Pelosi
Washington D.C. Office
235 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-4965
sf.nancy@mail.house.gov

Office of the House Republican Leader
John Boehner
H-204 The Capitol
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-4000
Fax: (202) 225-5117
http://johnboehner.house.gov
Much love and peace,
Jeff
1400 Wounded!! 400 Dead ,children,woman!! To hell with youre jewish gouverment!! To hell with Olmert!! They have to go to prison!! There killers! The jewish gouverment is the real terorists! And you voted for them! You placed them there! So youre with them! May al of the enemys of the moslims go to hell!!! and im not a palstinian! Im dutch!! Holland! Amsterdam! But i have a hart and youre jewsih gouverment are thugs and killers! May they al burn in hellll!
Dear Amsterdam,

You communicate you anger and hate well. However, I am not sure why you chose to direct this communication to me on this site.

Having said that, "may they all burn in hell" your idea on how stop the violent cycle?

Please take a deep breath and join me in creating a just, compassionate and real peace for the children of Gaza, Israel and the world.

I beleive you have much more to offer than the harsh words you sent me.

I request you not send me any more hateful communication. Perhaps you would be willing to show your real photo and name as a beginning to opening a dialogue with me. I hope you will heartfully consider my request.

Much love and peace,
Jeff
Dear David,

You are responding to "Amsterdam's" statements?

Please post contact information for anyone person or organization that may be able to make a difference on the ground in Gaza now. You should also look at the discussion "Safe Haven for Gazans."

Much love and peace,
Jeff
THank you so much for this Jeff. I'm sick at heart at the one-sided anger and hatred that surrounds us. I am a jew and hear lots of blame on the Arabs; i have Arab friends who condemn and vilify Israel. Where do we find a place where those of us who want Peace -for ALL to get together and share practical str aqtegies?

I'm sickened by what is happening in Gaza and ashamed that it is being done by my people in Israel. But i am also sickened at what is happening in Darfur, the Congo, Central African Republic, and places which have not somewhere reached the headlines.

The sad and bitter truth is that no amount of protesting & shouting "Death to whoever" is going to solve the problems. Such actions certainly energize groups ( I've protested myself on many issues) but the don't solve the problem. The energy too often unfortunately fuels more anger which in turn leads to more hostile action on one side or the other - or both.

How sad that we always seem to find money for wars and for destruction, but never have enough to really fund Peacemaking efforts. In hopes of finding some answers I'm going to check out www.wherepeacelives.org

Thanks again for this initiative.
alma.
Alma,

Thank you for your kind words and for the difference you make in the world.

After making a dozen phone calls to Interfaith Organizations this morning, I just got a call back from the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding in New York City. They will be looking at ways to reach out to other organizations so that we can send out a message of PEACE as once voice.

What organization could you contact and see if they are interested in participating in my initiative to have the voice of PEACE reach all of humanity with the intent to stop the madness.

Much love and peace,
Jeff
Hello,

Here is a least of Interfaith contacts I have reached out to today. The United Religious Initiative is currently in a emergency meeting with contacts in the Middle East. They are drafting a letter to be delivered to the United Nations.

Islamic Center of Passaic County (NJ)
Mohammad Qatanani (Imam)
The largest mosque in New Jersey (6,000 families)
152 Derrom Ave
Paterson, NJ 07504-1003
973-278-7070
imam@icpc.com

Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
Georgette Bennett – President
Joyce Dubensky – Executive VP – 212-967-7707, ext. 110 – jdubensky@tanenbaum.org
Heather Dubios – Conflict Resolution Programs
254 W. 31st Street
(between 7th and 8th Avenues)
7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
http://www.tanenbaum.org

United Religions Initiative
Barbara Hartford
1009 General Kennedy Ave.
P.O. Box 29242
San Francisco, CA 94129
(415) 561-2300
http://www.uri.org/

Interfaith Dialogue Center – NJ
Newark Office
17 Academy St. Suite 701
Newark, NJ 07102
Ph: 973-353-9333
Fax: 973-353-9331
http://idcnj.org

Culture of Peace Initiative (CPI)
Pathways to Peace
PO Box 1057
Larkspur, CA 94977
info@cultureofpeaceinitiative.org
http://www.cultureofpeace.org

I will continue throughout the day to contact people and organizations and call them into action.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Datastat Research Center posted events
Monday
Datastat Research Center posted an event
Thumbnail

TRAINING COURSE ON LINKING EMERGENCY AID TO FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY at Datastat Research Center

August 6, 2018 at 8am to August 10, 2018 at 4pm
TRAINING COURSE ON LINKING EMERGENCY AID TO FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITYSee other courses: …See More
Jul 11
Datastat Research Center posted events
Jul 3
Kayi Mivedo updated their profile
Jun 19
Eyal Raviv posted a discussion

Uri Avnery: Siamese Twins

Uri Avnery's Column(Reprinted on mepeace.org with the express permission of Uri Avnery)​Siamese…See More
Jun 16
Fatma Eldesouky updated their profile
Jun 13
Linda Nothing posted a status
May 27
James OFFUH and Linda Nothing are now friends
May 26

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service