Time: June 21, 2009 at 6pm to July 4, 2009 at 7pm
Location: Jerusalem, Westbank
Website or Map: http://youthfederation.org
Phone: 02 6250130
Event Type: volunteer, service, and, dialogues
Organized By: Youth Federation for World Peace
Latest Activity: Jun 26, 2009
It is with great pleasure and anticipation that the Youth Federation for World Peace announces the 41st Middle East Peace Initiative from June 21st to July 4th. We will gather youth participants and organizations from Europe and America in the Holy Lands of Israel and Palestine under the banner of “Bridging Cultures— Becoming Peacemakers.“
Who is invited?
Youth leaders or organizers interested in meeting international youth also interested in learning more about peace-building initiatives.
Objectives of IYL MEPI:
1. To experience and celebrate the cultures of the Middle East by providing an unbiased portrayal of Israel and Palestine and the conflict.
2. To empower youth to take responsibility for the conflicts that plague the world by taking part in peace-building dialogues and service opportunities that engender cooperative relationships and the breakdown barriers of religion, ethnicity and nationality.
3. To provide a platform that focuses solely on ASPECTS of the SOLUTIONS not SIDES of the CONFLICT to introduce idea that problem solving can be creative and applies our passions or talents.
4. To provide a network for future partnership and collaboration amongst participants by introducing and working with NGO's and students active in different fields.
Components of the MEPI IYL:
• Service Projects: Renovation of St. Alexander’s Russian Orthodox Church in the Old City of Jerusalem. This is the location of Judgment Gate. Work at a Center for Disabled Children in Bethlehem, Painting projects and interaction with primary school students, collaboration with Service for Peace at a pluralistic synagogue.
• Educational Experience: Learn about the issues that Palestinians and Israelis and Palestinians face. Participate in peace-building dialogues conducted by Mepeace. Meet Hebrew and Bethlehem University Students,
• Discover New Friends and Networks: Meet students, youth leaders and organizers to expand your network of peace-builders!
• Learn about Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and Non-Profits:
Meet with High Cloud, YFWP, Service for Peace, and other organizations to learn about their work. Visit local schools and community organizations.