mepeace.org

I wondered if some Peacemakers living in Israel or Palestinian Territories can answer to this simple question:

1. Do you speak Hebrew ?
2. Do you speak Arabic
3. Which other languages do you speak ?

Thank you

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, is swearing of course inappropriate and low class. I rarely swear myself but sometimes if get angry and really feel like swearing, I swear in English not in Arabic. I just feel more comfortable and less shy because here in Canada words like "fuck you" or "shut up" are spoken at a rate of 2/min, lol. So just simple swearing is not a big issue in English.
Dear Corey,

it's a good link but your link is bad :). Here is the good one ... i'll suggest to my students to teach you french slang: it will be exotic for you and they are experts !
hi vincent,

i'm learning hebrew - and i speak arabic " no perfect "- turkish - kurdish - polish and english

salam

shahdan
great Shahdan :) Why have you begun to learn hebrew ?
first cause my mother is Jew - and i have many israeli friends and i'd to speak with them in there language ...

but why u didn't ask me - about me learning arabic ? while i'm not ?

shahdan
ok but what is your mother language: turkish, i guess... so why have you begun to learn arabic ? :)
she speackes turkish - kurdish also she never been to israel before cause she afraid " she thinks that there is war there " even when told here about my visit she thought that i'm lieing !!!

i'm studing arabic cause i have arab relatives and i love them so much also i'm trying to understand both sideds of the israeli - palestinian conflict as i'm peace seeker ... and member of mepeace ;)

by the way i speack greek as well ... cause we have more the 13000 word in common " turkish - greek "

shahdan
the only thing I know in Kurdish is 'haitalo' which my mother in law calls my son.
Thank you Roni, how did you learn arabic ?
I speak Arabic and English, and I wish to learn Hebrew.

I can write my name in Hebrew ;-)
I speak Hebrew. I don't speak Arabic but my grandmother could. I speak english better than I write. Thats it.
i speak hebrew
i speak english
im learning arabic

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

izida duranovic updated their profile
Jan 9
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post

Cruise Ships for Peace in The Middle East

By Teresa Studzinski, Arlene J. Schar, and Dr. David Leffler Variations of this article were…See More
Nov 6, 2019
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Oct 29, 2019
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4, 2019
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25, 2019
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15, 2019
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9, 2019

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service