Young Social Entrepreneurs Program
Call for Applications
Are you a Palestinian or Israeli social entrepreneur with a proven track record of making a positive difference in your community and a passion to both improve your respective societies and the region as a whole?
Conducted in partnership between Search for Common Ground and Outward Bound (see descriptions of organizations, below), The Israeli-Palestinian Young Social Entrepreneurs Program offers you an exciting and rewarding experience of professional guidance, training, and mentoring to advance your skills to excel as a leader in your field.
The program includes:
• One nine-day outdoor wilderness expedition overseas (early 2009)
• Two four-day retreats overseas (late spring and early summer 2009)
• Leadership, conflict resolution, and communication training and mentoring
• Opportunities for professional networking and project building
To be eligible applicants must:
• Be between 25 to 40 years old
• Be Israeli or Palestinian and currently living in the region
• Be of average fitness (example: walking for 30 minutes three times per week)
• Have a valid passport and be able to travel abroad
• Speak English
• Be willing to share experiences with other participants
• Commit to the entire program (be able to take necessary time off from work/school)
• Be open and willing to take risks, learn, and develop
• Have a strong personal vision that can inspire others
• Be creative, persistent, and committed to social change on a large scale
• Have minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated experience implementing innovative solutions to social challenges.
• Download application: http://www.sfcg.org/programmes/lwi/lwi_entrepreneurs.html
• Deadline for submission: October 31, 2008. Late applications will not be accepted.
• Potential candidates will be contacted for further interviews.
• Send applications and/or questions to: email@example.com
All applications are treated with complete confidentiality. Applications will not be returned at the end of the selection process and no further use will be made of them. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Search for Common Ground:
Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground works to transform the way the world deals with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and towards collaborative problem solving. We have been working in the region since 1991 with local partners to find culturally appropriate means to strengthen societies' capacity to deal with conflicts constructively: to understand the differences and act on the commonalities. For more information, visit: www.sfcg.org
Outward Bound’s Peacebuilding applies the principles and methodology of experiential education to the work of conflict mitigation and reconciliation. By applying a proven technique and pedagogy employed by Outward Bound to develop outstanding leaders and teams for over 60 years and in more than 30 countries around the world, Outward Bound Peacebuilding programs bring together individuals of diverse ethnic, religious and political backgrounds to develop leadership, forge positive relationships, build trust and understanding, and address the causes of instability and conflict with respect and empathy in a safe, structured environment. The successful transference of the Outward Bound experience to the participants’ everyday world is addressed by providing a long-term context for relationship-building to occur over time with the support of a local partner, and within a framework that encourages and allows meaningful cross-conflict cooperation to develop and yield positive results. For more information, visit: www.outwardboundpeace.org