mepeace.org

The life of ordinary Palestinians is a nightmare. Why is that so?

The lives of most ordinary Palestinians (except those of certain leaders') are a nightmare.

The important question is: Why is that so?

It seems to me that the answer(s) to that question are just a little more complex than many people (want to) think, and that trying to fix only some of the very obvious symptoms may well make the very obvious problems worse and not better.

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When you do not have modern structure of a state and you live to see and experience the good (education, economic, culture) benefit of the modern state you are stuck in a trap that make you miserable.

Add to that the 48 war with the "national pan-Arab dreams" that faded in the last 60 years.

Add to that the force and might of Israel that able to kill more easily and more effectively with economic restriction.

Add to that the internal culture component.

It all goes to worst.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=12071597...

Because Hamas prefers it that way. That's the real reason.
I visited both Israel and the West Bank many times over the years. I found the people to be very happy as Jordanian citizens, and even in those years from 1967 to the mid 1970s under Israeli rule. It was the influx of radicals that began changing their conditions, as Israel made greater efforts to weed out the terrorists. The watershed was the 1974 decision at the Rabat conference to recognise the PLO as the sole representative of the Palestinian people. Jordan was forced to abandon all claim to the West Bank, and for the first time the Palestinians, through no choice of their own, had a terrorist leadership, intent only on Israel's destruction, imposed on them. Since then the violence has escalated with two intefadas and rocket barrages, to which Israeli responses have intensified, and the poor Palestinians trying to simply get on with their lives are stuck in the middle, hostage and shield to the one, and victims of both.

If the terrorists could be ousted, the Palestinians could quickly achieve either their own state, or, the preference I suspect, to once again become Jordanian citizens. At least they would have peace and choices.
Thank you for that word: (wiki)
Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to positions of authority, regardless of their qualifications. Hence, cronyism is contrary in practice and principle to meritocracy. Cronyism exists when the appointer and the beneficiary are in social contact; often, the appointer is inadequate to hold his or her own job or position of authority, and for this reason the appointer appoints individuals who will not try to weaken him or her, or express views contrary to those of the appointer. Politically, "cronyism" is derogatorily used.
I personally enjoy new words ... as I can google them and find new layers of reference of meaning.

:)
One very good reason for forums like this is that so we can all learn new things and to keep our brains active. :-)

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

izida duranovic updated their profile
Jan 9
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post

Cruise Ships for Peace in The Middle East

By Teresa Studzinski, Arlene J. Schar, and Dr. David Leffler Variations of this article were…See More
Nov 6, 2019
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Oct 29, 2019
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4, 2019
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25, 2019
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15, 2019
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9, 2019

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service