mepeace.org

Discussion will be continued on Is Israel poisoning Palestinian lands and people?

Thanks for all tried to help especially Noa, Hiba, Max, Paul, ..

got from
Dorothy dor_naor-at-netvision.net.il

Efrat Noy efrat.noy1-at-mail.huji.ac.il

you may take action as well!
Best,
J.

I found the following related Info
http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Middle_East/10202796.html
http://www.awan.com.kw/node/32185
http://www.maan-ctr.org/magazine/Issue1/main_topic/topic1.htm
http://www.felesteen.ps/index.php?action=showdetail&nid=17151

The one on Palestinian side know much about those crimes is Dr Mahmoud Sa'adeh from Yatta in Hebron!

---
Dear All,

Yesterday (Monday) we went with Iyad to search for and photograph evidence to document the military waste and dangerous materials that the IOF leaves in the area of the Jahalin Bedouin in the south Hebron hills. Iyad took us to visit a family whose child’s leg was badly burnt a month ago when he was playing in the desert with ammunition remains left behind by the Israeli military. Nothing could have prepared us for our meeting with the boy, whose name is Jabar, even though he had received medical attention at Yata [a nearby city]. The condition of his leg is shocking, and it will be a miracle if he does not lose his leg.

This resulted from his playing with some sort of acid that resembles salt (who knows what the implications are). Jabar, who is 13 years old, is urgently in need of medical treatment.

According to Iyad and the family, the care that he received at Yata was typical of the attitude there towards the Bedouins who come there for medical care.

We contacted the Physicians for Human Rights and B’tselem, and as a result the child will go today to a hospital in Hebron, accompanied by Issa from B’tselem, and hopefully from there to a hospital in Israel.

Following our visit, we went to the dessert and found evidence of the controlled explosions that the Israeli military performs, and the salt-like waste that charred the youngster.

The military does not bother to in any way indicate the presence of the dangerous chemicals it leaves behind.

I attach pictures of the boy and of the evidence we found.

The photos were also sent to B’tselem.

Hopefully, the child will get to the hospital today, and not lose his leg.

Ofra

----- Original Message -----
To: Ehud Krinis
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:50 AM
Subject: מה ראינו באום דרג'

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 24/06/2008 16:17
Subject: Fwd: מה ראינו באום דרג'
To: ksehud@gmail.com

שלום לכולם

אתמול (יום שני) יצאנו עם עיד כדי לחפש ולצלם עדויות לדווחים על

פסולת נפלים ותחמושת וחומרים מסוכנים שמשאיר צה"ל

בשטחי המרעה של שבט ג'האלין המתגוררים באזור אום דרג' (מזרחה

לאום אל חיר/התנחלות כרמל). עיד לקח אותנו לבקר משפחה

ששמע כי אחד מילדיה נכווה ברגלו לפני כחודש תוך משחק במדבר עם שאריות תחמושת של הצבא.

שום דבר לא הכין את כולנו למפגש עם הילד-(ששמו ג'אבר אבן מוסא

למרות שלכאורה קיבל טיפול ביאטה, מצב הרגל שלו פשוט מזעזע

וזה יהיה נס אם לא יאבד אותה

כל זאת כתוצאה ממשחק עם איזושהי חומצה דמוית מלח (מי יודע מה ההשלכות)

הילד, בן 13, זקוק לטיפול ד-ח-ו-ף!!! לטענת עיד והמשפחה

הטיפול שקיבל ביאטה אופייני ליחס לו זוכים הבדואים בבואם לקבל טיפול רפואי מפלסטינים

לאחר שיצרנו קשר עם רופאים לזכויות אדם ועם בצלם הילד ילקח היום לביה"ח בחברון

בליווי עיסא מבצלם שידאג שלא יפלו אותו בטיפול, בתקווה שיקבל הפנייה לבי"ח בישראל.

לאחר הביקור יצאנו למדבר ומצאנו עדויות לפיצוצים המבוקרים של צה"ל ולאותו חומר דמוי מלח.

הצבא לא דאג לסמן בשום דרך את המצאותם של חומרים מסוכנים באזור

אני מצרפת תמונות של הילד ושל השטח.

התמונות נשלחו גם לבצלם.

אינשאללה הילד יגיע היום לבי"ח ולא יאבד את רגלו

להתראות לכולם

אפרת

Views: 176

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

"You know the Israelis have expertise in that ...."
what that refers to?

I like the title "pro-life activities" it is very positive
"Pro-life activities" is conceptually and linguistically sound. But as a result of common usage, pro-life tends to be commonly associated with anti-abortion issues. Just a thought.
Hi there Jafra. I understand where you are coming from. Yes, you tried to get a snap shot but it didn't quite work but that is because there are so many issues involved. Yes, there is the issue of the IDF dumping waste in the West Bank and while I think this does not apply in this story - see my last post - I find it hard to believe that the IDF are not doing this. You would be hard pressed to find a government that wasn't. The British government is dumping there shit left right and centre so I find it hard to believe that the Israelis, who are usless when it comes to enviromental issues, are some sort Middle East angel. I think Paul's idea of starting another discussion on it was a good idea but I have been unable to contribute because I haven't understood the legal issues or have I been able to get in touch with the Doctor. Added to that I have been very busy for the last two weeks. Difficult to explain. Someone on mepeace could explain.

But there are many issues that come from this story. The rights of refugees in the West Banks, the rights of the Bedoiun community, descrimination against minorities in the West Bank (I think this is true when it comes to the Bedouin), water rights etc.

I think for this discussion we should focus on Jabar. Perhaps we could open seperate ones that deal with more general concerns like health, water and other issues like Paul has with military waste.
There is no real evidence so far about what really caused Jabar's injuries other than claims repeated by people who made claims about the claims of others....

This gets us back to where we started here Jafra... That is why I proposed and started a separate discussion about the general case Noone was interested or the general original claims may in fact be not be real. I just don't know.
Paul, what would be the title of such a new thread?

Is Israel poisoning Palestinian lands and people?
Hi Jafra,

Clearly that is precisly what some are claiming. That is why on July 6, Is started this related general discussion:
Dr. Mahmoud Sa'ada says "IDF poisons South Hebron" which is at www.mepeace.org/forum/topic/show?id=661876%3ATopic%3A69983 .

I can rename that if you want, though i think that may enough for now...

HtH...
PmR
somehow I missed it .. OK we move all general discussion there. I would rename it, as it will be not only about south Hebronand Dr Mahmoud.

I know for example there is many settlers poison attacks indirectly protected IDF on different part of left Palestinian WestBank ..
Hi Hiba. Please see my message towards the end of the discussion. Could you get me the number of that Doctor guy or his email. You might have given it to me before but I lost it if you did.
Max, i can't seem to extract jabar's photo from this site. i need it to blog on the discussion going on here. can anyone send the me the picture attached?
Yes that is not a problem. Go to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20409489@N00/2608118576/in/set-7215760...

You will find a whole set. Message be back if there is a problem. I know Gilad from activestills.org (who took the photo) so I could get in touch with him if there are any other problems.
Here attached
Attachments:
Ah even better. Thanks Neri. Could you have a look at the link i gave Marc. Is there anyway of putting them onto this discussion without having to post a link. It would be good for us to see them.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9
Yousef Aburaiya posted a status
"im looking for friends at usa"
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Robert Roberts posted a blog post

All the core elements of an essay

Essays are very important in the life of students. Writing essays may be daunting in one way or the…See More
Feb 12

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service