mepeace.org

I am a big believer in birthdays! A little while ago Roni started a "little project" called Celebrating birthdays.

From his original post: "For me, making peace does not mean high-level discussions of what should governments do, but about what can we do as human being today and tomorrow, and that is mainly holding hands and become friends."

I believe that this is the kind of community building that builds trust for positive group work. But now how do we keep this going? This "little project" isn't so little and new members are joining everyday. Since 900+ is a lot of birthday greetings to keep track of, one thing you can do is commit to is sending birthday greetings to a sub group, like your friends list or everyone with a birthday during your birthday month. Also Roni could use some volunteers to help maintain the calendar; Max, Noa, Hiba and myself have each taken a month - if you can too, this is the place to offer.

Let's not let this go the way of so many good intentions!

Roni - can you repost the link here? Thanks for all the work that you and Hiba have already put into this!

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Elaine, we made the calendar and we shouldn't stop there, we need to keep the greetings going on, another thing we can do is to ask Eyal to populate the calendar on the site and some of us can volunteer to update it and add the new members who join.
I wrote Eyal and asked him about populating it.
Thanks for re-newing the discussion, Catherine!
Hi there Catherine. Thanks for restarting this discussion. I think I was one of the first to have the many messages sent to me for my birthday. It's great. Cheers.
Roni, your birthday is already marked on our personal calendars not just mepeace calendar, dont worry ;-)
Roni. There is no way we are going to forget your birthday. I have already order the Champagne!

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Linda thats me. posted a status
"does anyone come on here these days? I remember when there was lots of interaction."
Thursday
Linda thats me. updated their profile
May 1
Linda thats me. posted a status
"Hello, how is everyone??"
Apr 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9
Yousef Aburaiya posted a status
"im looking for friends at usa"
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service