mepeace.org

Anyone interested in exploring using SMS for mobile learning

Hi everyone. I have joined a voluntary project with an organisation who are investigating uses of SMS for mobile learning. I am following discussions here but not sure about what kind of bandwidth is actually available during the day and whether SMS might be a good option ?

If you know of or work with an NGO and would be interested in finding out more, I would love to hear from you,

Best wishes
Nicola

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, sorry I should have explained a bit more - Jon has described it very well above. The reason I have decided to work with this organisation - Kiwanja/Frontline SMS - is that they are used to putting in SMS solutions not just for learning but as a way of managing every day problems - because more people have phones than computers. The other thing is that it may be possible to use SMS instead of having to connect to the internet - I'm guessing some parts of Israel and Palestine may have good connections to the internet, but guessing in others, it isn't and communication is much more difficult.

I have heard of an organisation called Souktel that works across Palestinian territories to help with communications. However I am in the UK and do not really have a great idea about this, but suppose you could be sent little pieces of learning via SMS - would it be possible to send them, are there enough phones around and do you think both children and adults would get any benefit from it ?

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service