mepeace.org

Anyone interested in exploring using SMS for mobile learning

Hi everyone. I have joined a voluntary project with an organisation who are investigating uses of SMS for mobile learning. I am following discussions here but not sure about what kind of bandwidth is actually available during the day and whether SMS might be a good option ?

If you know of or work with an NGO and would be interested in finding out more, I would love to hear from you,

Best wishes
Nicola

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, sorry I should have explained a bit more - Jon has described it very well above. The reason I have decided to work with this organisation - Kiwanja/Frontline SMS - is that they are used to putting in SMS solutions not just for learning but as a way of managing every day problems - because more people have phones than computers. The other thing is that it may be possible to use SMS instead of having to connect to the internet - I'm guessing some parts of Israel and Palestine may have good connections to the internet, but guessing in others, it isn't and communication is much more difficult.

I have heard of an organisation called Souktel that works across Palestinian territories to help with communications. However I am in the UK and do not really have a great idea about this, but suppose you could be sent little pieces of learning via SMS - would it be possible to send them, are there enough phones around and do you think both children and adults would get any benefit from it ?

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

izida duranovic updated their profile
Jan 9
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post

Cruise Ships for Peace in The Middle East

By Teresa Studzinski, Arlene J. Schar, and Dr. David Leffler Variations of this article were…See More
Nov 6, 2019
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Oct 29, 2019
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4, 2019
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25, 2019
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15, 2019
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9, 2019

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service