mepeace.org

mePEACE.org has grown quickly from Eyal's dream to become his and others' reality. People are now doing good things. It is time to take stock and try to find out publicly whether and how mePEACE.org could better serve ALL of our aspirations. I know that some groups of people here are now considering some solutions. for improving mePEACE.org. To identify appropriate improvements (solutions), we must first really identify what the facts (problems) really are. To help, please answer the questions below.

All honestly expressed responses are valid. And so please do not discuss or question any replies. However, you should ask for clarification if the intended meaning is not clear. If you do not want to post publicly or you want your responses to remain private, please send a private message to me or one of these people:

THE QUESTIONS:

1) Why did you join mePEACE.org?

2) What did and do you expect from mePEACE.org?

3) What did and do you expect to do at and for mePEACE.org?

4) How can mePEACE.org better meet your aspirations?

5) What aspect(s) of mePEACE.org do you just HATE?

6) What aspect(s) of mePEACE.org do you just LOVE?

7) What other general comments do you have?

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

) Why did you join mePEACE.org?

I joined because I want to be helpfull in making peace on the planet also in the middle east. I also hope to get connected with a lot of people with whom I share a lot. I think we have to start with our self ,I mean create an inner peace and then spread it out, we cant create peace if we hate our self.

To get connected with other people and share stories from where we are now. I love to read others stories and look at the pictures from the daily life

To share my story and give my help and to learn from others.

I think it is fine fine so far-

none

It is a good iead

I have made a sound so you can code your drinking water so you, when you drink manifest peace in the middle east. Do as +1000 others drink water and manifest peace at the same time, very easy, you can go to my profile and see what you can do.
Forum Home My Discussions Start a Discussion We're sorry, but this discussion has just been closed to further replies.
mePEACEplan -- Why did YOU join mePEACE.org?
Posted by Paul RETI on August 11, 2008 at 6:01am in Israel and Palestine

View Discussions

mePEACE.org has grown quickly from Eyal's dream to become his and others' reality. People are now doing good things. It is time to take stock and try to find out publicly whether and how mePEACE.org could better serve ALL of our aspirations. I know that some groups of people here are now considering some solutions. for improving mePEACE.org. To identify appropriate improvements (solutions), we must first really identify what the facts (problems) really are. To help, please answer the questions below.

All honestly expressed responses are valid. And so please do not discuss or question any replies. However, you should ask for clarification if the intended meaning is not clear. If you do not want to post publicly or you want your responses to remain private, please send a private message to me or one of these people:

http://www.mepeace.org/profile/Jafra
http://www.mepeace.org/profile/Hiba
http://www.mepeace.org/profile/eyal
http://www.mepeace.org/profile/NeriBarOn
THE QUESTIONS:

1) Why did you join mePEACE.org?keep opening doors ,hearts ,minds to other voices

2) What did and do you expect from mePEACE.org? avoiding any argument that justifes occupatoin .

3) What did and do you expect to do at and for mePEACE.org?my noble aim is to allow present palestinian -israeli and future geeation to reac the ultimate stage of an ethical realation ship thruogh polite and constructive disscusion we are conductibng hear

4) How can mePEACE.org better meet your aspirations?it is not possible to go on being greedy and to make it all works in the new begining

5) What aspect(s) of mePEACE.org do you just HATE? if i finf that i will let u know

6) What aspect(s) of mePEACE.org do you just LOVE? Al ot

7) What other general comments do you have?we have to lower the ceiling and raise the floor and workng hard to over come obstecales in front lasting peace ,strongly i do beleive in grass roots role

Tags: feedback, mepeaceplan, plan
I have ceased to participate.
Thefish,

This is the structure of this community which blocks Yahya Merchant , it is us who need to open new structure of discussions and secure the respect to invite Yahya to contribute again.

I am still thankful for 'What's Right with Islam is What's Right with America' By Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf which Yahya suggested.

so we as a community need to do some work and I hope the Teams structure introduce by Eyal will help us to evolve to a better community.
Yeah Yahya Thefish is 100% correct.
Please try to not discuss responses here. Let's try to make this an uncluttered information gathering and pure listening exercise. Thanks... PmR
Yahya: I hope that you'll eleborate on why you feel the way you do, preferably using the format suggested in the introduction, Thanks... PmR
1) I joined mePeace.org for the same reason I do so many things. Ray Hanania told me to. But nevertheless, I'm glad I did.

2 - 7) mePEACE.org represents what those of us who are here already know. It's not up to the politicians anymore. Because of sites like this and the Internet in general, it is possible to be in contact with all sides of any conflict. It humanizes everything. And as Ray and I have discovered through our travels with The Israeli-Palestinian Comedy Tour, once you start talking to regular people on either side, it's incredibly hard to hold a grudge. We have performed in front of Palestinians and Israelis alike. We have run into unbelievable acceptance and fanfare; and we have run into very believable hostility. From both sides! Final status and signed documents will ultimately happen in Washington, or Jerusalem, or Ramallah or any other place. But the leading up to the signing of those documents aren't going to be as a result of high level "diplomats". It's going to come from the pressure of groups like this. It's grass roots and that's the way of, not only the future, but of the present. I see mePEACE.org as just another extension of The Israeli-Palestinian Comedy Tour, because that's what we do. We make people think of possibilities, and that's what it's all about.
I really think Mepeace is a very good network for peace activists. I joined it beacause I am a bit disappointed by Israeli peace organizations that don't deal with the emotional aspects of peacemaking (like how it affects the activists in terms of personal relationships), and I believe this site is a step towards real coverage of that issue. I only wish a way is to be found to remove all abusers from this site.
Sorry I'm late chiming in. I don't really frequent the site much anymore, so thanks for the PM, Paul.

1) Why did you join mePEACE.org?

I have a (masochistic?) drive to keep trying to bring people together and make them see the points that bring us together as people in this region. I feel that the internet is a fascinating medium for this kind of effort and so have always been interested in an online forum for creating a dialogue (have been involved in setting up one before too and posted on another). After participating in a peace seminar on the Independence/Naqba day, I received an invitation from Eyal and joined.

Hmmmm not really sure. By expect, do you mean "hope" or "realistically expect"? My experience with forums and forum moderating (not just on this topic) has shown me that with all its potential, it also has the potential for clashes and misunderstanding. It's doubly so when it comes to creating a dialogue over such sensitive subject matter. It's so easy to sabotage

Not sure about this one. I wanted to see what it was all about and see where it was going. Not too many expectations on my part. I knew I didn't want to get too involved with "management" as I don't have the time really. In fact, I hardly have the time, and/or mental energy to get involved in regular community activities.

I think it's doing quite well, but then again I just said I didn't have too many aspirations ;) I would like to see it get more moderated, as it grows. In my experience, here and elsewhere, this is the Achilles heel of most boards, especially political ones - some people expect to have "freedom of speech" and view any kind of moderation as "censorship". For myself, if there is not a high level of moderation, making sure that there are no hate-posts and/or flaming, I won't stay.

I don't HATE anything with capital letters ;)

I love the fact that there are actually people from all over the Middle East here, of all religions and nationalities. Especially that there are many Palestinians here. On similar boards, I always felt like there weren't enough people "from the other side" for me to communicate with.

That I'm sorry about not spending more time here. I believe this is an important site and an important cause. Between raising a family with two young kids, my work and just... well, life, I just don't get too much computer time for posting here. Sorry everyone!
Thanks for the reminder Paul'

1. I joined because I truly believe that by bringing people together in peace beyond the borders that we create in our 3 dimensional world we can make huge and positive changes that will be mirrored on the ground.

2. I expect to see - and love to see - people of all race, religion, creed etc becoming friends.

3. I'm not able to visit here regularly at the moment though I like to view what is happening from time to time. I talk often of MePeace in my daily life and hope to encourage many new people to become members over time.

4. My aspirations are to see peace on our planet. MePeace is helping towards this just by existing and growing. I can't see it doing better right now - it's just right and learning/changing all the time.

5. I have never hated anything in my life and I don't intend to start now. (No 'but surely's' Paul!!!) It's not a word I use.

6. I LOVE all of it. All the wonderful members, Eyal for starting it, the discussions, the Peace Cafe's, the photos and videos. It's all inspiring.

7. Keep up the good work and I will try to spend more conscious time here.

Love, gratitude, hugs and abundant blessings
Jane :)
1- intertransfering of ideas, information and supporting for PM's (Peacemakers) to over wide the peace, indeed of meeting new people and discuss other things ( personal things),
2- improve creative thinking not only about the peace but aslo with any other activity that related with peace. that we could reach a point of matual thinging amoung overall differnces.
3- May be we could perpare for internet peace workshope by the mepeace.org and PM's participation
4- To have more and more PM's
5- I not sure about that.
6- there is many the most important is modern and positive thinking
7- Developing personal aspect and charactarstics.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

izida duranovic updated their profile
Jan 9
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post

Cruise Ships for Peace in The Middle East

By Teresa Studzinski, Arlene J. Schar, and Dr. David Leffler Variations of this article were…See More
Nov 6, 2019
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Oct 29, 2019
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4, 2019
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25, 2019
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15, 2019
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9, 2019

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service