mepeace.org

defend the mepeace.org platform from endless blame game - act locally and think globally

I do not defend the war nor the Zionist movement. I do try to defend the mepeace.org platform from endless blame games that bring verbal aggression and defuse our human ability to connect and work together for a better future.

I do not know if you recognize your ideological roots, or you may think you do not have them, but the text some write have one-sidedness that expresses their perspective of the conflict - evil Zionists/Arabs have evil plans.

I am not here to educate any of you or convince you, I am here to invite you to recognize that there are many Israelis and Jews who see in Zionism different merits then what some think Zionism is, there are many Palestinians and Arabs who see in Palestinian nationality different merits then what some think Hamas is.

So the way some people write here may insult and make others feel uncomfortable.

We created mepeace.org as multi-political platform to enable a person to connect, hence have opportunities to co-create something that supports change. When people come to the discussion forum and invest in long posts to prove that Zionists or Hamas are terrorists who need to be punished or that in fact the Jews/Arabs were here first; when such expression is published some members get distracted from our goals, putting their energy into educating others instead of approaching each other in ways that are mutually respectful and constructive.

So I ask the wise and responsible members to act locally and think globally - respond to topics and remember that mepeace.org is a platform to enable the whole community of humans to connect and work for a change that includes all of us and enables manifestation of the idea of peace we all share.

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that there should be a rule for these site that by the end of each comment people will try to include a solution or what is the solution in their mind. we might not agree about the past but I am always surprise to see how much we agree about the future.

I think for the last three days that I am on this site everybody knows my idea of solution :)
two states solution for two people base on the 1967 borders as a guideline . I also believe that it is only fare that the refugees problem should not be addressed before we are dealing with two states.

BTW I find that sometimes the blame game can help us achieve goals. if you take jimmy carter , he has huge fans in the Arab world BC he was blaming Israel but really he was talking always about the two states solution. same thing with Finkelstein and Chomsky. both heroes by hamas and hizballah but when you really listen both talk about the pre 1967 borders as a solution. and both really when you get down to it are Zionists
Here another discussion on blame and what mepeace.org seek to create
Human rights are elements in a whole system. If there was any one who was pushing for the Jewish right to have a national state there was no Zionism no Israel. When we have so many pushing for the Palestinian right to have a national state there will be Palestinian state.

Whne Human rights claimers say that Israel have no right to exist, and that the Human right is that the 3 generation Palestinian refugees should get into israel and threat its stability. this is where the calculation is wrong. Human rights is an element in a system of life, we need to think of future generation and reality and not just ask for "our Human rights" and ignor the other side situation and right equalibiriyum

Thank you Neri Bar-on, for what I feel are heartfelt words *smiles and raises her hand as one ready to connect with her fellow Citizens of Planet Earth...* and I love the beautiful pic too.

Myself, I think that patriotism, nationalism and other such isms get in the way of the fact that we are all people, with the common denominators between us being the need for sustenance and shelter. We have abundance on this planet and there is really no need that any creature should go without.

I would rather focus energy on building, for today, and towards the future, than look back at the past. Things are never black and white for a start, and one can get rather caught up in blame. Then before one knows it, it is an eye for an eye. There is a bit in Fiddler on the Roof which goes something along the lines of (sic):

An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth - until the whole world ends up blind and toothless! *grin*

With further regard to blame, the Hawaiians have a thing they call ho'oponopono

(http://www.ancienthuna.com/ho-oponopono.htm) which essentially means to make right... with ancestors, with others, in relationships. I particularly liked, on the website I just gave, is the quote from Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP):

"People are only doing the best they can with the resources they have available." If you've heard that before, it has to do with forgiveness. Think about it. As you do consider that you are included in "people."

Myself, I am not perfect... and nor do I claim to be non-racist even if I try not to be. I know my conditioning sometimes makes me so, yet I wish to open my heart and my arms and to learn of others, and most of all to revere them and life itself, including my own. I am flawed and human yet willing to let my heart and soul grow.

Around us are so many good heart and soul things, springing up, leading us forward to better times, to unity consciousness. Mepeace.org is one of these... as is Heart Bus which I have placed on facebook temporarily. The people are speaking from their hearts and souls... for peace... for unity. More and more of them until critical mass is achieved and that is what we will have, simply because WE choose it. Because WE choose a better way to live on our planet, in unity, together sharing its abundance.

Bless us all and may all the good intent I am seeing about me, worldwide, reach critical mass (and soon!) so that we may all live well and happily together.

AshDiane :-)

www.facebook.com/HeartBus

Moving forward.  Reconciling with another through forgiveness

-->Types of forgiveness: forgiveness (i) as a result of apology and recognition of another's pain as opposed to forgiveness that occurs (ii) in the abscence of apology or recognition of another's pain

Hi AshDiane, welcome to mepeace.  Glad to have another Aussie on site.

I agree that patriotism (especially ethno-nationalism), at its worst, can be more of a hindrance than a help in bringing about a more peaceful planet.  I agree in the need to look to future centred solutions.  

However, I also believe that in order to have durable future centred solutions we need to responsibly consider the hurts and pain caused in the past to another.  The process of reconciliation involves in part some recognition of another's pain and  acknowledgement of sorrow as a means to move forward.  It does not always have to be the way, as the example of forgiveness can occur without any remorse or acknowledgement by another.  But this is a far more difficult form of cathartic action than forgiveness which involves an apology.

As Australians (especially as European Australians) we understand there is so much that we need to do to acknowledge the wrongs of the past to indigenous Australians.  One of the central lessons that can occur in Israel and Palestine is acknowledgement of past wrongs.  It is not about blame and victimhood mentality. It is about acknowledging actions that were committed that were detrimental to the lives of another.  Until we can walk in the shoes of another and see their story it will be difficult for us to connect with their pain and sense of loss.

Getting into the minds of the descendants of those whose parents were born in the region prior to the conquest by England (and other allied forces like Australia) in 1917 and the ramifications of British rule (with the backing of the major Western Powers through the League of Nations) is critical.  Yes, we need to understand the narrative of those within the Jewish community who grew up in Europe and suffered unspeakable acts for generations, but the answer to resolving that injustice was not necessarily forcibly creating a Jewish state in a region which had not had a Jewish majority for thousands of years.  It inevitably would lead to conflict.

http://palestineisraeltrusteeship.blogspot.com/

Again that is not to deny the rights of those who live in the region here today.  Simply a desire to come to terms that non-Jewish people in the region (who comprised more  than 87% of the majority in 1917) have  suffered as a result of episodes of European brutality to Jewish people prior to 1945.

What is disturbing is that Western powers are quick to look back nearly 3000 years to identify the last period the region was dominated by Ancient Hebrew people and then find it difficult to look back 1,2, or three generations when Palestinians lived in the land.  Agreed it is scary for those in Israel to consider an absolute right of return for 1948 PAlestinians.  However, how scary is it for Palestinians to see Jewish Israelis (or Jews or persons who may not even really be Jews from any part of the world) claiming a right of return when they have no direct claim to the land only the memory of a people who occupied the region thousands of years before. It just does not make sense.  Nor is it fair.  Until this unfairness is understood.  Resistance will continue.

What is disturbing is that Western powers are quick to look back nearly 3000 years to identify the last period the region was dominated by Ancient Hebrew people and then find it difficult to look back 1,2, or three generations when Palestinians lived in the land.  Agreed it is scary for those in Israel to consider an absolute right of return for 1948 PAlestinians.  However, how scary is it for Palestinians to see Jewish Israelis (or Jews or persons who may not even really be Jews from any part of the world) claiming a right of return when they have no direct claim to the land only the memory of a people who occupied the region thousands of years before. It just does not make sense.  Nor is it fair.  Until this unfairness is understood.  Resistance will continue.

You  mean terror will continue, don't you? Your whole premise is oh so wrong.  Can you site the UNWRA definition of a refugee. Let me tell you, it is residence in Palestine after 1946. Can you guess why this definition suited the British and the Arabs? Jews continuously inhabited this land and over 50% came from Arab countries which physically threw their Jews out.

There is no unfairmess here. The Arabs were massacreing Jews since at least 1929,1937 well before there was a state and started a war of annihilation in 1947 when Israel was but a speck of the Palestine landscape.

You would do well to tell your friends to stop the terror, recognize that Jews have returned and created a Jewish State and primarily NEGOTIATE. Failure to negotiate will not bode well for the Arabs.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOUR NARRATIVE WILL BRING PEACE? I DOUBT IT AND HOPE NOT. i PERSONALLY AND JEWS IN GENERAL ARE NOT INTO SUICIDE.

I feel a sadness to see the focus still on the same things continuously with an inability to see beyond. Go back as far as you wish, yet I don't feel it gets us anywhere. We are people, inhabiting a planet.

We are All the One, fragmented and polarised.We All are, as well as other life which exists with us on this planet.

Stewart, thanks for the welcome. :-)

I do not really view myself as just an Aussie though. Having been born in the UK, then moving to Canada when 4, then growing up in Canada (if I ever grew up!), and at 16 moving to Australia and lived there for over 20 years, then back to the UK for 11 years... well, I may have Brit & Aust nationality yet it is rather confuzzling for me when I watch the Olympics lol! And wherever I go someone says "you're not from around here, are you?"!!!  For many years I have enjoyed connections with others around the globe and I joyfully strive to get past the limitations of my experience and the circumstances of my birth (where & in which belief system etc - if it needs to be said - because some do require this label -  I am Jewish born yet non-practicing and at times have been viewed as almost anti-semitic because of my caring for people... ALL people... and not just my so-called own kind) which cause me at times to be racist and ignorant whether I intend to be or not.   have come to identify more with being a Citizen of Planet Earth and I see my life work connected with unity consciousness. There is so much beauty, here on our planet. There is abundance, enough to be shared without all this fighting for things. And I feel a beautiful energy too, which I choose not to name but just be grateful for, and to try somehow to give back to it in some way (hence www.facebook.com/HeartBus). I do not wish to look for what separates us all yet that which unites us... at the very least and failing all other connections: the need for sustenance and shelter, the need to live.

If I somehow fail with words to convey that in my heart and soul, then I hope these are at least felt.

Diane :-)

I feel a sadness to see the focus still on the same things continuously with an inability to see beyond. Go back as far as you wish, yet I don't feel it gets us anywhere. We are people, inhabiting a planet.

We are All the One, fragmented and polarised.We All are, as well as other life which exists with us on this planet.

There should be a sadness in all of us, but especially in the Jewish people. The dispersions and massacres up to now do not seem to have any impact , and that is sad.

You know that we discriminate and make wrong decisions in our daily lives and yet we are bold enough to tell only one Nation how they must live, I find that very sad and incomprehensible. Females of our species discriminate against males during the mating stage simply because the male may be too short, too tall, not handsome enough etc,etc and ditto males. We discriminate against females and people that are not like us in the work force, and it saddens me.

But our worst failing is the fact that humans cannot or will not look at what is happening in the world but rather pick and choose not what separates us but rather what is the easiest target, and it saddens me.

Are Jews, Kurds,Tibetans, Gypsies, Corsicans, Basques and others not as deserving of our sympathy as are the Palestinians who have a patron saint in UNWRA unlike these others and who are not denied their culture and language as are the others.

Yet here we are, being saddened not by the systematic annihilation of these people and their poverty, but by the notion that Arabs are somehow entitled to start wars and be compensated simply because they have created this situation, I am really and truly saddened by this , as a citizen of this world.

Really unsure whether you have assumed or misunderstood something from what I wrote, Michael, and therefore just in case I would like to respond that the sadness I spoke of is for humanity in general, because of our getting stuck in ruts with issues and it continues on and on (just look at how long this discussion in particular has been going on for!). My compassion is not just for a particular section of humanity. My apologies if I did not make this clear enough.

I am not choosing easy targets to concentrate my compassion on. Rather the contrary as I am striving to unite humanity and not by nations either.

In peace and for unity, globally,

AshDiane Hunt

To that all I can say is G-d Speed and amen.

Thank you kindly, Michael. *smile*

Many hands make light work as they say, so the more the merrier.

That's the point I was trying to make earlier this year when two guys verbally  attacked me for saying my piece about MEPEACE, that I was trying to be respectful of others and empathize with others.  One of those guys asked whether this group was about being anti-Semitic.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9
Yousef Aburaiya posted a status
"im looking for friends at usa"
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Robert Roberts posted a blog post

All the core elements of an essay

Essays are very important in the life of students. Writing essays may be daunting in one way or the…See More
Feb 12

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service