mepeace.org

What is one of your favorite quotes about human love, sisterhood/brotherhood, universality of mankind, peace.   This may be added at some point to the facebook page.   We could the favorite songs part as well to it.  It's good to be reminded of why we are here, and it's not because the world is full of angels. The world Ghandi was in was not full of angels.  There is a cafe called Angel in Us.

We need to find the Angel in US, and find hope inside ourselves.

Mahatma Gandhi

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall -- think of it, ALWAYS!

http://www.forusa.org/quotes/gandhi.html

Views: 1128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me, this final passage from the great movie Ballad of a Soldier (by Grigori Chukhrai, 1959) is the best anti-war and for peace argument.

The film is set during World War II and shows how the Russian soldier Alyosha tries to make it home during a leave, meeting several civilians on his way and falling in love with a girl. The film was produced at Mosfilm and won several awards, including the BAFTA Award for Best Film from any Source and was nominated for the Academy Award for Writing Original Screenplay
It is not primarily a war film: it recounts, within the context of the turmoil of war, various kinds of love: the romantic love of a young couple, the committed love of a married couple, and a mother's love of her child. The film tells the story of the young soldier Alyosha Skvortsov (Vladimir Ivashov) making his way through the countryside during the first few months of the war at a time when the Soviet Union seemed destined to fall to the powerful Nazi onslaught. Awarded a six-day leave pass for destroying two German tanks, Alyosha makes his way home to visit his mother and to repair the roof of her home. During his journey he encounters the devastation the war has brought on the country and meets numerous people and gives them hope by virtue of his likeable and positive character. As he had spend precious time on running errands for his fellow soldiers from the front, he arrives at his home only to see his mother for just a minute.

And that was their last meeting... Alyosha will never come home...

I always cry when I see this movie though I can't say that I am very sentimental… It’s just my female soul, maybe… Even then I was 17, I could put myself into the shoes of Alyosha’s mother and I could feel her fair and despair in front of war’s face. It’s a terrible face... Especially, for us, women, cause there is nothing more terrible than losing a child…

Look at Alyosha’s face – he is young, he is pure, he is good..., and he has to kill and be killed…

for Irina

Basil and Narine,
thank you both - the quotations are marvellous indeed.
There is another one who fits our area -(well there are many..:):):
"An eye for eye only end up the whole world blind" Mahatma Gandi

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

izida duranovic updated their profile
Jan 9
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post

Cruise Ships for Peace in The Middle East

By Teresa Studzinski, Arlene J. Schar, and Dr. David Leffler Variations of this article were…See More
Nov 6, 2019
Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
Oct 29, 2019
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4, 2019
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25, 2019
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15, 2019
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9, 2019

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service