mepeace.org

I put here only pictures of civilians in a daily normal doing.

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the post Neri.  It is great to see the courage of those in Gaza seeking for unity. Let us hope that they are not met with violence by the authorities. 

Interesting to see Ken O'Keefe in the footage.  Also interesting to see the map of British-mandate Palestine as displayed by one woman.  I know some people will use this to try and further demonise the Palestinian cause.  Instead what that image should be used is to remind us of the recent history and what was lost.  What we should work towards now is a history that shows concessions to the Palestinians for what they have lost whilst maintaining some form of the pre 1967 status quo to ensure security for Jewish-Israelis. 

Hi Stewart

What you see is internal Palestinian conflict as some extremists ideas play into this. There are Palestinians who say, lets unite and then be strong to destroy Israel and establish a Palestinian state. This voices exist in Palestine and we should not ignore them.

I trust the Palestinian people to be wise when unite and work for the best of the Palestinian people, but this voices will not disappear and they abuse the non-violent approach and can destroy all what the non-violent approach can gain.

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/palestinian-territories/biggest-mal...

Biggest mall in Gaza Strip opens its doors

Inaugural celebrations of the Al Andalusia Mall were as big as the mall itself

• By Nasser Najjar, Correspondent
  • Published: 18:21 July 20, 2011
Al Andalusia Mall
  • Image Credit: Supplied
  • The Al Andalusia Mall has a swimming pool and a small cinema theatre.
Image 3 of 4

Gaza: The biggest mall in the Gaza Strip opened its doors on Tuesday with several hundreds of residents thronging the complex.

The inaugural celebrations of the Al Andalusia Mall were as big as the mall itself, which houses branded clothes, cosmetics, office supplies, toys, shoes and appliances, etc.

Despite the reasonable prices, not many were interested in buying goods due to the financial crisis facing the impoverished strip. Most residents are poor and added to that the government staff were paid only half their June salary due to financial crisis.

The residents were more excited over the size of the mall and the escalators rather than shopping.

Mahmoud Ebed, a governmental employee, said: "I was curious to see the mall but I will not buy anything from here today."

"The prices are reasonable but I still didn’t receive the other half of my June salary," Mahmoud added.

Many residents still prefer to go to the public market.

Wael Al Whedi, an engineer working in a non-governmental organisation, was one of the few who actually made a purchase on the opening day.

Al Whedi said: "In general, the prices are reasonable for the middle class but most of the people in Gaza still don’t have the culture of buying from a mall."

Dr Alaa Al Deen Al Rafati, economy minister in Gaza government, said: "Projects like this are important for the economy as Gaza is not an industrial economy."

Ihab Al Isawia, a mall investor, said: "The mall is built on a 3,000-square meter land and has 14 departments providing goods and services."

The mall even has a swimming pool and a small cinema theatre.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9
Yousef Aburaiya posted a status
"im looking for friends at usa"
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Robert Roberts posted a blog post

All the core elements of an essay

Essays are very important in the life of students. Writing essays may be daunting in one way or the…See More
Feb 12

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service