mepeace.org

Israel's actions in Gaza is an act of self-defense == Morally and legally

Israel's actions in Gaza is an act of self-defense both morally and legally.

The clip below is from from aljazeera, and also:appears elsewhere on this site.

Views: 315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You insult Palestinians and Israeli alike when you use a source like this to point your point. Google Anna and you'll see she has no credentials, no credibility.
However, linked to that post; I found this:
http://www.shalomctr.org/taxonomy_menu/1/128/3/167

My sense is if you have hundreds of Rabbis in support of Palestine; go with that. if you want peace. Jews and Moslims working together for peace!

My sense is when you choose to work with Rabbis working for peace you have a better chance of peace than someone who makes a living traveling stirring up crap as Anna does.

http://www.shalomctr.org/taxonomy_menu/1/128/3/167
As someone who sees both sides of the story; I'd like your source on this too.
This peace site is a reflection of life itself. I think people would join a peace site to promote peace; or to at least try to learn what the other side is thinking. A while back,
someone cursed me because I am an American. Ok; so I stand cursed. How does anyone think cursing someone because he is American, Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, etc is going to help peace?

So the truth is... people who stir up crap just to stir up crap, hate their own people.
They are know serious people.

I'm a believer that when someone comes to a site like this; with people open to working for peace; and is only negative, destructive, abusive... their agenda isn't peace.

So, the challenge has been given to Yahya; find the proof in his story... something more credible than a blog somewhere. We'll see what he does in honor of the children he mentioned.

Until EVERYONE can acknowledge that the children don't deserve what happened to them; there is no chance for peace. If a government, an army, a soldier can look at a 2 year old and see the enemy who needs to be killed; EITHER SIDE; then they don't want peace.
Yes to all Ron wrote above.

Thanks Ron for locating Yahya's sources and putting it all in real context in your post http://www.mepeace.org/xn/detail/661876:Comment:197444

There is no need to add anything to that.
Well of course anything that criticizes Israel is meaningless, false and anti semitic as we are all aware. So listen to a Rabbi instead!

http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/the_brid...

Incidentally no child should ever fear death at the hands of anyone. Nor for that matter any human being except where self defense or oppression makes it impossible to avoid. I have never killed anyone even during 11 years of military service! However my taxes are being used to provide the kind of action that occurred in Gaza. What are my options?
I really liked the reply in regards to how Arabic from Palestine, Syria and Lebanon has Aramaic influence.
It is true that Arabic speaking nations have many different cultural and linguistic influences from civilizations other than just Arabians from the Gulf regions.

Palestinians who 100 years ago considered themselves part of the greater Syria province have a rich culture; however, this is further complicated because Syrian Jews, Aramaic speaking peoples in Syria, Kurds, Circassians and Armenians have all been a part of this 'greater Syria province' that is today various nations. One could argue then that an Israeli whose parents are Syrian Jews in Aleppo or Damascus would have just as much right to Palestine since there was plenty of freedom of movement between the 'Greater Syria' region that is now seperated between these different nations.
Even under Ottoman times there were movements between the populations under their rule.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but is there not a gate or quarter in old Jerusalem that was called something like 'Maghrebi' due to that area once being a place that North Africans moved to during the 19th century? How is that different from the great immigration of Moroccan Jews to Israel in the 1950s and 1960s?
Then what happens in the future if there was a Palestinian nation and an Israeli Jew whose parents were Syrian Jews or Egyptian Jews wanted to live there? Could he claim to be a Jewish Palestinian?
I find it funny how some Palestinians and Israelis can speak as if their civilizations are different when in all reality the "Jewish world" was a part of the Arab world and the "Arab/Islamic" world was not truly only Arab and Islamic.
Go to history written by Middle Easterners and remember how Arab Muslims had Kurdish rulers like Salah addin.Or how the architect of Alhambra in Andalusia was a Jew who supposedly modeled the Alhambra after the Second Temple in Jerusalem. How about the great translations of Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin and Farsi that were translated into Arabic, thus creating a flourishing Arabic civilization built on other predecessors. And then later the use of Arabic by Jews in the region.

I always thought how it was funny and laughable that a Russian claiming to be a Jew would struggle so hard to learn Hebrew compared to an Arab. I have many Muslim friends in Syria who learned Hebrew much faster than the Yiddish/Slavs who called themselves "Hebrews". I lived in Paris as a 10 year old and visited the Jewish neighbourhood of 'Belleville'. They are primarily if not completely 'Mizrahim'. The old Rabbi exclaimed to me that the only difference between an Arab and a Jew other than a Mizrahi Jew having a religion separate from Islam or Christianity is that Jews also have a language that they used for over a millenium for the purpose of not just religious education but also academic education. That was Hebrew and in some cases Aramaic as well. He pointed out that was the main identity that made the difference. It reminds me of my Iraqi Assyrian friends who cling fiercely to the Assyrian dialect of Aramaic as their identity but in all other cultural aspects from cuisine to art/music, there is no major difference between them and an Iraqi Muslim Arab.However I feel that as we delve into the ancient history of the region we see that with Arabic becoming the main means of communication in the region over the centuries, it then became the norm to clsssify everything artistic and musical in the region as "Arab" even though many things have preexisted that term in their local geography.
The Oud is supposed to have been an Assyrian invention that all middle easterners use now. But some people say it was invented by Arabs. Islamic architecture was influenced by pre Islamic Persian influences as well.

I found it fascinating when I lived in Damascus and my Muslim friends would show me the grandest old Damascene homes that had courtyards and vines with gorgeous wood work and masonry and tell me that the Syriac speaking Christians were mostly responsible for the famous Damascene wood work and masonry as well as Silver smithing and Damascus silk being a Jewish dominated field.

Most of the greatest artistic homes in old Damscus were built and designed by Christians and Jews, yet that all came to be known as Islamic civilization.

How can Arabs and Jews be different?
I really liked the reply in regards to how Arabic from Palestine, Syria and Lebanon has Aramaic influence.
It is true that Arabic speaking nations have many different cultural and linguistic influences from civilizations other than just Arabians from the Gulf regions.

Palestinians who 100 years ago considered themselves part of the greater Syria province have a rich culture; however, this is further complicated because Syrian Jews, Aramaic speaking peoples in Syria, Kurds, Circassians and Armenians have all been a part of this 'greater Syria province' that is today various nations. One could argue then that an Israeli whose parents are Syrian Jews in Aleppo or Damascus would have just as much right to Palestine since there was plenty of freedom of movement between the 'Greater Syria' region that is now seperated between these different nations.
Even under Ottoman times there were movements between the populations under their rule.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but is there not a gate or quarter in old Jerusalem that was called something like 'Maghrebi' due to that area once being a place that North Africans moved to during the 19th century? How is that different from the great immigration of Moroccan Jews to Israel in the 1950s and 1960s?
Then what happens in the future if there was a Palestinian nation and an Israeli Jew whose parents were Syrian Jews or Egyptian Jews wanted to live there? Could he claim to be a Jewish Palestinian?
I find it funny how some Palestinians and Israelis can speak as if their civilizations are different when in all reality the "Jewish world" was a part of the Arab world and the "Arab/Islamic" world was not truly only Arab and Islamic.
Go to history written by Middle Easterners and remember how Arab Muslims had Kurdish rulers like Salah addin.Or how the architect of Alhambra in Andalusia was a Jew who supposedly modeled the Alhambra after the Second Temple in Jerusalem. How about the great translations of Aramaic, Hebrew, Greek, Latin and Farsi that were translated into Arabic, thus creating a flourishing Arabic civilization built on other predecessors. And then later the use of Arabic by Jews in the region.

I always thought how it was funny and laughable that a Russian claiming to be a Jew would struggle so hard to learn Hebrew compared to an Arab. I have many Muslim friends in Syria who learned Hebrew much faster than the Yiddish/Slavs who called themselves "Hebrews". I lived in Paris as a 10 year old and visited the Jewish neighbourhood of 'Belleville'. They are primarily if not completely 'Mizrahim'. The old Rabbi exclaimed to me that the only difference between an Arab and a Jew other than a Mizrahi Jew having a religion separate from Islam or Christianity is that Jews also have a language that they used for over a millenium for the purpose of not just religious education but also academic education. That was Hebrew and in some cases Aramaic as well. He pointed out that was the main identity that made the difference. It reminds me of my Iraqi Assyrian friends who cling fiercely to the Assyrian dialect of Aramaic as their identity but in all other cultural aspects from cuisine to art/music, there is no major difference between them and an Iraqi Muslim Arab.However I feel that as we delve into the ancient history of the region we see that with Arabic becoming the main means of communication in the region over the centuries, it then became the norm to clsssify everything artistic and musical in the region as "Arab" even though many things have preexisted that term in their local geography.
The Oud is supposed to have been an Assyrian invention that all middle easterners use now. But some people say it was invented by Arabs. Islamic architecture was influenced by pre Islamic Persian influences as well.

I found it fascinating when I lived in Damascus and my Muslim friends would show me the grandest old Damascene homes that had courtyards and vines with gorgeous wood work and masonry and tell me that the Syriac speaking Christians were mostly responsible for the famous Damascene wood work and masonry as well as Silver smithing and Damascus silk being a Jewish dominated field.

Most of the greatest artistic homes in old Damscus were built and designed by Christians and Jews, yet that all came to be known as Islamic civilization.

How can Arabs and Jews be different?

They are simply two different nations...  There are a number of DNA studies done that show that Jews from all over the world Russia - Morocco.  That their DNA is more similar to those of the Jews to the local population.. There is a reason that Jews have existed as Jews in most countries of the world as a seperate people whether it be in France or Yemen... Jews are not Arabs, or moslems or Europeans or Christrians... They are Jews for better or worse.

And those jews share common genes with palestinian arabs. Those DNA studies you see. Or do you try to say that jews are race of their own. Cant be because there are no races.

I think that is exactly what I mean... not sure why there are no races.......why ?

Definitions for race :

"

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.

I have gone through a hefty amount of geneticist studies about issue. Only a handful of cuckoos claim different. Also :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Race_Question

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
yesterday
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service