mepeace.org

Post Recovery after the War
Rubble, big holes in the wall, broken windows and doors; Moreover, the black room is burnt by phosphorous.
This is what we found in Mohamed Alareer's house when we visited him in Alshaaf area to the East of the Gaza City. Mohamed was nominated by local partner organization for the house repairing project . His family consists of 10 members, 6 of them are under the age 18. Mohamed has no work and depends on humanitarian aid to feed his children. During the last war on Gaza , his house has been targeted with phosphorous by the Israeli Army missiles and two departments were partially destroyed.
After the war, he lives with his family in the ground floor with his son who is married, the place is too small that the family cannot adapt living in. Mohammed Alareer is financially unable to repair his house and is waiting international organization to help in repairing the house. American Friends Service committee Quakers has decided to include his house in the House Repairing project as he deserves that besides his case meets the criteria of the project.
Alareer Family feels happy and welcomes us saying that it will be a good thing to make their life better and comfortable. After the field visits assessment, we decided to build the big holes and plaster them, painting the burnt black room and make a door and window and the finishing for the department.
Honestly, the money we have for each house does not cover the needs of repairing the house completely, but the house becomes suitable to live in and it protects the family from the cold of winter.
What surprised me when I visited him to put the poster of the project and to sign the implementation contract, that he decided to complete repairing the house saying, “ Quakers encourages me to make recovery and repair my
Here is another sad story, Akram Khader's family who lives in Beitlahia to the north of the Gaza Strip. The father was killed during the war when Israeli Army targeted his house by a missile. The family escaped from the house and the father refused to get out in order to take care of the house. The family came back and found their father dead. The missile partially destroyed the house. We, in the project build the big holes and make a door and a window enabling the family to live safely in the house.

All families live sad and horrible conditions during the war. Besides, all families are still affected as a result of the Israeli siege which is imposed since July2007. They are suffering from the lack of food, medicine and construction materials as a result of closing borders and preventing entry of basic materials by the Israeli occupation.

House repairing project is a joint project between AFSC and AFSC’s partner youth groups engaged in Youth Bank and funded by UUSC in August 2009.
The main goal of the project is to re-establish a sense of normalcy in the lives of people, especially young people, aftermath the recent war in Gaza, by engaging youth in the physical reconstruction of their communities.

Views: 39

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi adham

obviously reading this post is heart braking.

we as Israelis can do a lot of things . we can pressure our government to ease the siege , to open the sea, we can collect money to help, we can volunteer, we can help make investment in gaza like we do in the west bank.

the problem is hamas, any improvement in gaza and hamas will claim victory.

that makes it so hard, it is something that I am as an Israeli as much as I want to help can not live with .

Hamas and fatah must unite and work together , they must choose diplomacy for the sake of Palestine , its time.

there is no occupation in gaza any more. we Israelis have no interest in gaza. other then stopping the rocket fire
""we as Israelis can do a lot of things . we can pressure our government to ease the siege , to open the sea, we can collect money to help, we can volunteer, we can help make investment in gaza like we do in the west bank.""

++++ Thats most you can do.

""the problem is hamas, any improvement in gaza and hamas will claim victory.""

++++ No, hamas is just by-product from this mess.And what hamas claims or not, no big deal.

""that makes it so hard, it is something that I am as an Israeli as much as I want to help can not live with .""

++++ Yup, i know. You are still limited with certain reservations to see the whole picture.

""Hamas and fatah must unite and work together""

++++ Maybe, but if they unite and work together, that doesn't still give any quarantee that it is that "deux ex machina" which will open the heavens gates. Fortunately Israel has shown in past that when some preconditions are fulfilled, they make new ones.

"" they must choose diplomacy for the sake of Palestine , its time.""

++++ Say this also to Israel government.

""there is no occupation in gaza any more.""

++++ Yup, there is.

""we Israelis have no interest in gaza. other then stopping the rocket fire""

++++ And we know how that will be fulfilled.
Mika this was the least informative replay I ever got.

it feels like having a conversation with my little sister , every thing I say she says no.

the only thing you gave a chance to reply to is :"Say this also to Israel government"

and I do every three years for sure and on the streets, on comments on Israeli press and on here

the other thing is "there is no occupation in gaza any more" you said: Yup, there is

there are no Israelis in gaza today that what's matter. Israel has a right to protect its borders and also to siege an enemy state that shoots rockets at us .

about the big picture I was born here I am pretty sure I know the big picture in many level that you could never never know
"Mika this was the least informative replay I ever got."

++++ Sorry to hear.

"it feels like having a conversation with my little sister , every thing I say she says no."

++++ Sounds just like my little brother ;)

"the only thing you gave a chance to reply to is :"Say this also to Israel government"

and I do every three years for sure and on the streets, on comments on Israeli press and on here"

++++ I know that, and thats why you get from me my highest respect to you. Truly. But look how much palestinians have really gained ( and same time Israel ), from past diplomatic efforts. Last time when that really was tested ( in Oslo agreement period ), only result in general was double amount of settlers.

"the other thing is "there is no occupation in gaza any more" you said: Yup, there is

there are no Israelis in gaza today that what's matter."

++++ It doesn't need to be a single IDF soldier or settler. Some sort of control is enough a 'la international law.

"Israel has a right to protect its borders and also to siege an enemy state that shoots rockets at us ."

++++ Israel has every right in the world protect its citizens. But also palestinians has a right to armed struggle against occupier. Thats the onion here.

"about the big picture I was born here I am pretty sure I know the big picture in many level that you could never never know"

++++ Sometimes you see things more clearly from a distant. And i don't have a horse in this race so i can more freely analyze both sides actions.

I hope my friend that you don't take my words as a personal insult. Because that really isn't my attention at any level. You can take this to bank ( quote Barack Obama ). Peace.
again mika you give no options nor solutions.

you have the UN symbol on your avater which I think is a major part of the conflict if not the biggest part of it. so many organizations inside the UN are working constantly to keep this conflict alive .

but right now I have a bigger fish to fry as this site became a stage to some nazi propaganda so I can not keep talking with you about solutions and peace . I am finding a way to erase my profile
"again mika you give no options nor solutions."

++++ Its in your hands my friend. Other solution is from outside pressure and we know to where that ends.

"you have the UN symbol on your avater which I think is a major part of the conflict if not the biggest part of it."

++++ This conflict started long before UN was created. Wrong target.

"so many organizations inside the UN are working constantly to keep this conflict alive ."

++++ What organizations you had in your mind ?

"but right now I have a bigger fish to fry as this site became a stage to some nazi propaganda so I can not keep talking with you about solutions and peace ."

++++ What you mean with nazi propaganda ? From me ? Was it something that i said ?

" I am finding a way to erase my profile"

++++ I hope you will stay, we need people more like you.
not mika not from you.

I can not talk about peace when there are some posts on this site that are pure evil

I have priorities .

and trust me there is nothing I want more then being a peace activist like some of the people here , and go to some far away countries and tell them how much they are wrong and evil.

that is one of my main reasons to want peace between Israel and Palestine. I am going to go wild :)

well..I am joking about the main reasons but I am defiantly going to do that, it looks like so much fun

problem is that in some of the real evil countries in the world it is much harder to say what you think and preach like it is in Israel
Sorry, but i have to ask Ohad, from where did you really get that picture that there are evil persons or states in the world or in this site ?
Adham,

Like Ohad, I am touched by this message.
But I cannot agree with the "after the War" in your title.
Just because most of the fighting between Hamas and Israel has temporarily slowed down to just a few rockets a week, and the responses to that, that doesn't mean that the War is over; not by a longshot. Not between Israel and Hamas, and not between Hamas and the Palestinian people.
You say you want to re-establish a sense of normalcy in the people's lives - that is impossible under the rule of Hamas, as they are presently constituted. What they consider normal is really not normal, from any Liberal or Humanistic point of view. That is precisely why it has been so difficult for Fatah and Hamas to reconcile. And why it has been impossible for Hamas and Israel to reconcile.

There is a classic Bob Marley song that goes like this:

"Until the philosophy which hold one race
Superior and another inferior
Is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
Everywhere is war, me say war

That until there are no longer first class
And second class citizens of any nation
Until the colour of a man's skin
Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes
Me say war

That until the basic human rights are equally
Guaranteed to all, without regard to race
Dis a war

That until that day
The dream of lasting peace, world citizenship
Rule of international morality
Will remain in but a fleeting illusion
To be persued, but never attained
Now everywhere is war, war"

That is speaking first and foremost within societies, not between them. The war within bursts outwards to affect others, innocents.
Those basic human rights the song mentions - Hamas does not accept so many of them; it must forever be at war with the people it insists on forcing them upon. Kill to enforce your tyranny, or be killed by those trying to escape it, that is their dilemma, the dilemma of all tyrants. Like the Mullahs in Iran who support Hamas, killing their own to cling to what's left of their melting power.
As long as Hamas, and factions within the PA too, continue with the incitement to violence and violation of basic human rights, whether within Palestine or beyond, it is they first and foremost who are condemning all the good people of Gaza and Palestine to suffer the consequences eternal war, within and beyond.
hello friend i read your message here just as this time but ,me i have nothing to do about that situation only i can do is praying for them and he should be thankful that he still alive while somebody else attack to their house,it sad to say to his father but it may be that is already his time and we should face truth and the reality for what happening their in gaza,and i still believe that his family will move on and survived for a better life and good living ,and i know that their were still some people who will help them for having a good heart through helping them, friend to be the only way is to be careful by its moves in this time specially in that place so that we can aware of anything bad situations,blessed you friend this is only my own opinion in your issue,me god bless you friend and i hope someday we will meet too,and i can travel to that place welcome here you friend in my place ,you can open my page here for your further information on me,good luck and more power to you and more issues to be discuss in your activities,that you share.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Shefqet Avdush Emini updated their profile
10 hours ago
Mauricio San Miguel Llosa updated their profile
Oct 4
Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service