mepeace.org

Former Palestinian intelligence officer 'sentenced to death for selling home to Jews' 

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

A former Palestinian intelligence officer has reportedly been sentenced to death after it was revealed he had sold his home to Jews.

Muhammad Abu Shahala, who worked for the Palestinian Authority reportedly confessed under torture to selling his home in Hebron on the West Bank to a Jewish man.

Jewish officials are now calling for the international community to get involved to save Mr Abu Shahala's life.

Capital crime: Former Palestinian intelligence officer Muhammad Abu Shahala has reportedly been sentenced to death for selling his home in Hebron (pictured) to a Jew

Capital crime: Former Palestinian intelligence officer Muhammad Abu Shahala has reportedly been sentenced to death for selling his home in Hebron (pictured) to a Jew

Under Palestinian law, the death sentence can be executed if approved by the president of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas.

In an open letter addressed to Ban Ki-moon, Hillary Clinton, Benjamin Netanyahu, and other high ranking officials, David Wilder and Noam Arnon, of the Jewish community in Hebron, compared the case to trials in Nazi-era Germany. 

The letter read: 'According to various news agencies, Mr. Muhammad Abu Shahala, a former intelligence agent for the Palestinian Authority, has been sentenced to death, following a hurried trial. 

Decision maker: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas must concur with the sentence before it can be carried out

Decision maker: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas must concur with the sentence before it can be carried out

'His crime: selling property to Jews in Hebron. It is appalling to think that property sales should be defined as a "capital crime" punishable by death.  

'The very fact that such a ‘law’ exists within the framework of the PA legal system points to a barbaric and perverse type of justice, reminiscent of practices implemented during the dark ages.

'It is incumbent upon the entire international community, which views Abu Mazen and the Palestinian Authority as a viable Middle East peace partner, to publicly reject such acts of legal murder, when the ‘crime’ is nothing more than property sales. What would be the reaction to a law in the United States, England, France, or Switzerland, forbidding property sales to Jews?

Actually, less than one hundred years ago, such acts were legislated and practiced, known as the  infamous ‘Nuremberg laws.’ 

'On October 3, 1938 the Nazi Germany, under the leadership of Adolf Hitler, implemented a  "Decree of the Confiscation of Jewish Property, regulating the transfer of assets from Jews to non-Jewish Germans.'

'On December 11, 1938 another law was  passed:  ‘the regulation for the elimination of Jews from the Economic life of Germany.’  Among other sections was a clause forbidding Jews from offering merchandise for sale.

'Is the Palestinian Authority a reincarnation of the Third Reich?'

According to columnist Caroline Glick, the law banning the sale of land or property to Jews has been in force for some time 

She told the Weekly Standard: 'The PA was established in May 1994. The first law it adopted defined selling land to Jews as a capital offense. 

'Shortly thereafter scores of Arab land sellers began turning up dead in Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria in both judicial and extrajudicial killings.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134245/Former-Palestinian-... 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Views: 348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You provide for us an excellent example.  It runs deep in both Israel and the Palestinian Authority, that neither do not want war.  Yes, Gaza is a separate case, but I have worked with individuals and organizations in Gaza.  It is up to this grassroots, if they can influence the leadership in Gaza.

When people get angry, they say daft things.  What is extremism?  Simply a form of anger.  This is what needs to be evinced from the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

I am sorry - I cannot dissagree with you more.  Most of these terrorist groups are not simply angry, they work based on a dogma, theology, that is quite deep and rooted...... Anger has nothing to do with it...

It goes back to what I said about the Hamas Doctrine, when it comes to Islamic history it really gets quite fictionalized.  Their interpretation of Islam?  Or their anger using Islam as an excuse?  I have been in ecumenical dialogue with Muslim organizations, and this anger does not come forward.  If it was there, they would never have been in ecumenical dialogue with Jews and Christians in the first place.  That guy with the Russian name, told me "That is impossible, Muslims do not allow outsiders to attend their religious festivals."  Yes, they do.  I have attended Feast of Eid celebrations numerous times, and they knew I was not a Muslim either.  So do not allow yourself to let your emotions carry you away, because if you do, you will just be down on their level.  In the group I started "Pesach Recipes:  Tell Us Your Favorite," I mentioned how I hosted Pesach sedarim for Muslims, and how they could identify with the haggadah, because Moses is mentioned in the Qu'ran 135 times.  So see if you can put your emotions aside on this, because anger is just an emotion, not a religion.

Who is to say what is the true form of Islam? Is it really the Al Quada who are perverting it? Or Shia? Or Sunni? or Salafi? Each one is a legitimate form of Islam and to simply say it went extreme because people were angry is belittling what i am sure is years and years of traditions and study. You cannot recite a few versus of Quoran and say that is the religion. Like every other religion it is the people who make the religion. You could also have been to a wedding from a Rabbi that was preformed between a jew and non-jew, does that mean that it is accepted in Judism, no? There are no emotions here, I am not sure what you are talking about. The fact that dictators in the Islamic world use The Jew as the scapegoat is nothing new, it has been used often by Christianity, while it is often used as a way to deflect critisicm, it is not because of anger.... Are non-moslems not allowed into Mecca because of anger? Its not anger that is just another emotion, it is religion.

All religions evolve, because after all Moses did not wear a kipah.  The sexual segregation in a synagogue was an influence from the early Christian church.  But it depends on how an individual accepts religion.  It also depends on holding a individual responsible for saying daft things.  A previous tape was acquired of Mohammed Morsi saying daft things about Jews, and he was confronted by the U.S. State Department over it.  His response was that what he said was taken out of context.  I do not even buy that.  What I buy is that he lost his temper in what he said, and now it is coming back to haunt him.  It is like on this website, people can lose their tempers in what they say, and it can come back to haunt them.  So does that make all Arabs Anti-Semites? Anti-Semitism really more has to be defined by what is done, as oppose to what is said.  The Egyptian Government at first was not going to show a documentary about Egyptian Jews, then changed their mind and said yes it would.  The given is both are there, and both are not going away.  Israel is there to stay, it is not going anywhere.  Despite all of the huff and puff and blow your house down, it seems that is all it will ever be.  Because Mohammed Morsi says he will honor the 1979 peace accords with Israel, and Egyptian defense ministry personnel have been to Israel, to discuss defense related matters.  Despite the party re-election of Khaled Meshaal, Hamas is still no where close to forming unity with Fatah.  For peace negotiations with the Palestinians just cannot be with Fatah, and if Hamas says it recognizes the pre-1967 borders, they are going to have to say those borders with who.  Middle East peace is a very tough nut to crack, but we all have to just kept sitting on that nutcracker.

I have no idea what you are talking about - you went off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the topic. Point is that people who really care about human right should be looking at the PA for its racist policies and realize that the entity is a dictatorship that promotes hatred of Jews.  It is also a dictatorship which will not give Palestinian any self determination just discard their human rights like every other arab country.

It seems to be the easiest thing to say, is to make the other side so evil, so corrupt, and so subhuman.  To also back it up "but they have threatened to destroy Israel."  In 4 previous wars, they have threatened to destroy Israel, but also Israel has been around for 64, almost 65 years.  It has been accepted as a given, Israel is not going anywhere, and either are the Arab/Muslims that surround them.  When the word "destroy" has been used as a rally cry in the past, it only materialized in the third Punic War, when Rome finally did destroyed Carthage.  But when Hitler put in "Mein Kampf," that France must be destroyed, France surrendered in 1940.  But by 1945, Germany was destroyed and the casualties were greater in World War II, than in World War I.  We can hang on to "but they have threatened to destroy Israel," but it almost turns into "hold your breath for it to happen."  Hold your breath for it to happen, with its supporters and/or its opponents.

This one seems easy. Has anyone researched whether such a law exists or not ? Specifically, in the PA led West Bank of Palestine, " is it punishable for a Palestinian to sell their home to a Jew or marry a Jew "? There are a lot of bright people here, and it should not be difficult for us to find out the veracity of the statement.

If true, we would all agree that such a law is ridiculous at least and racist at worst. While such state laws restricting marriage and sales of homes were on the books in multiple USA states for years ( restrictions applied to several groups including Jews and African Americans ) , these state laws have been stricken in most every case and today would be viewed by the vast majority of Americans as not in line with a free and democratic society.

I personally agree with Tim that the word apartheid should not be used in context with the state of Israel. That being said, we cannot deny that certain laws in Israel do not treat all of the population the same ( orthodox Jews as well as Paestinian Arab populations each have some laws applied that the general population is not subject to )

Intermarriage does take place between Jews and Arabs in Israel.  I knew a woman who the product of a Jewish mother and an Arab father.  There are no civil marriages in Israel, so they go off to Cyprus to get married.  I am not familiar with the laws they have in Areas A and B of the West Bank.  But in the Qu'ran, it is permissible to marry a Jew or Christian.  But apparently with landownership, there are certain laws.  This is ironic, because SodaStream employs 900 Palestinians, and if this company was to pull up and move out, these Palestinians would be out of a job.  Israeli foreign investment will definitely be a part of an independent Palestine.  So having such stringent laws would be detrimental to Palestine as a nation-state.

Funny you say " ridiculous at least and racist at worst" - ridiculous, I wonder if you would use that term is Israel had a comparable law...

" orthodox Jews as well as Paestinian Arab populations each have some laws applied that the general population is not subject to" I am also unsure what laws you are talking about  - please explain.

Oops! Sorry. I should have researched first.

See below from Wikipedia.

Palestinian land laws[1] are laws which relate to ownership of land under the Palestinian Authority (PA). These laws prohibit Palestinians from selling Palestinian territory lands to "any man or judicial body [corporation] of Israeli citizenship living in Israel or acting on its behalf."[2][3][4][5] These land laws were originally enacted during the Jordanian occupation of the West Bank (1948–1967),[3] and while groups such as Amnesty International[6] and Human Rights Watch[3] have condemned the law and the death penalty, they are considered by the Palestinian Authority as being necessary to prevent further expansion of Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories and to "halt the spread of moral, political and security corruption".[5] The law carries a sentence of the death penalty.[1][2][3][4][5][7][8]

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9
Yousef Aburaiya posted a status
"im looking for friends at usa"
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Feb 19
Robert Roberts posted a blog post

All the core elements of an essay

Essays are very important in the life of students. Writing essays may be daunting in one way or the…See More
Feb 12

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service