mepeace.org

NO TO LIEBERMAN; NO TO YISHAI; NO TO BIBI

OLMERT – DON’T GIVE-IN TO EXTREMISTS

YOU HAVE A MANDATE FOR PEACE

DEMONSTRATION

Shabbat Evening, 24.11.2007, 19:30
Kikar Paris; Jerusalem
(in front of the PM’s residence)

On Saturday, November 24th, Geneva Initiative and Peace now held a rally in front of the Prime Minister's Residence in Jerusalem calling on Ehud Olmert to seize the opportunity present in the Annapolis conference, because now is the time to make peace.

Hundreds of people attended the rally, which included speeches by former deputy defense minister Ephraim Sneh, Meretz MK Haim Oron, Geneva Initiative Director General Gadi Baltiansky, and other prominent figures.

Addressing the demonstrators, Sneh said four factors joined to make the present moment a golden opportunity to end the Israel-Palestinian conflict: a majority in the Israeli Knesset that would support an agreement, a moderate Palestinian leadership striving to reach an agreement, a firm stance by the international community led by the United States to promote a final status agreement, and broad Arab support for peace in the form of the Saudi Initiative.

Baltiansky called on Olmert to choose between an end to the conflict and the future of his children. He said the people of Israel would support the prime minister if he advances an agreement, but if he does not have the power to do so, he should resign.

Oron said Olmert must prove he was serious in his statements on moving toward peace.

Ahead of the Annapolis conference, GI circulated a position paper detailing the actions that must be taken following the conference in order to achieve peace. Click here to read the Position Paper: The Day After Annapolis.

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Everything has to be a comment for those who wants to be of peace to this both parties should be in favor of this and there is no time like the present to agree. and all I hope it can work out to see this happen for on both sides.

Edward Church

seeking peace for in the Middle East
This is an awesome idea. I like the idea of going to the Saudi government Peace Initiative. I think they can bring a lot of strength to this regional area and still respect varied religious aspects.

I support Israel's prime minister and as an American I will support peace to bring solutions and open doors for our children. I support the King of Jordan and I support any group that will work towards collective goals and bring peace as a forefront and groups that denounce hate crimes.

I sincerely believe the King of KSA has your heart close along with Faisal the minister of foreign affairs. They are watching you closely and they have been working for you.

Thank you for your active stance against destruction.

Sincerely,
Amera Windsfeather

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service