mepeace.org

Vision -- How concepts -- How can we achieve what we want (the Vision)?

The purpose of this discussion is discuss in general terms HOW we should and can all work together to archive what we'd all like to achieve.

For now this discussion should be just a place for ideas about HOW we can work together constructively and with minimal friction in a highly charged and controversial environment.

Note that some practical initiatives and projects are already under way.

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

And idea from Yigal....

I suggested to Max that we set up a subgroup within mepeace of people who ascribe to certain basic principles, including not advocating in favor of any violence not truly necessary for self defense, and not supporting the denial of any of the basic human rights (Speech, press, peaceable assembly, religion, due process, equal protection under the law, and property).
Then having that group get involved in real programs on the ground, like Abed's Women's rights group, and the Barenholzes' home hospitality program.
One generalised and conceptual formulation based upon your suggestion is: Initiate, implement and support non-violent and humane ways of resolving the conflict.

The real programs you suggest can than be implimentations of that general concept.
Hello Paul, I do not know where you got those inspiring words of Yigal’s, but here are some of Yigal's less inspiring comments on the value of violence.

the better way - is for the PA to get off its butt and really take vigorous action against them... It will mean a very messy Palestinian civil war. At least the winner will gain legitimacy and the ability to really control the process thereafter.

The other way - less preferable - is for Israel to destroy them in its own very messy war. This would only leave one voice in control of the PA if Israel had the resolve and ability to completely destroy Hamas and the other terror groups.(See Melissa Coolidge’s page)
Dear Christine: Please do not add noise to discussions like these with such attacks.
OTOH, constructive suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Be well...
--PmR
Paul, this is not an attack. I am pointing out your foolishness in quoting Yigal as a peacemaker. A statement of fact is a statement of fact. It is not an attack.

I have pointed out to you that Yigal, has stated he would be quite comfortable witnessing a Palestinian civil war, because of the benefits it would bring. Have a look at what he has said on Melissa Coolidge’s page, and then you will appreciate what I have said.

Yigal has said:
the better way - is for the PA to get off its butt and really take vigorous action against them... It will mean a very messy Palestinian civil war. (Melissa Coolidge’s page)

As you yourself have suggested on your discussion mePEACEplan:
Open and respectful discussion of relevant issues alone can increase understanding. That alone can be constructive.

Please make the effort to follow your own advice; otherwise, you will end up looking ridiculous.

It is not possible to support the Palestinians and the peace process and this kind of statement about civil war in Palestine. Do you even know what you support? What you are saying is, at the very least, extremely confused.

(Paul, if an attack is an attack, it is evident to everyone, and there is no need to state the fact. By telling us you have been attacked, you adopt a position of defence, which is a demonstration that you believe you have been attacked, when, in actual fact, nothing of the sort occurred. Take the time to see what is happening. You are steadfastly refusing to look at any kind of peacemaking, being purely obsessed with attacking. Would you like to explain to us the meaning behind your latest choice of photo? Will you perceive this question to be a further attack?)
I give up... PmR
Paul,
The idea stands.
Never mind the out-of-context, ad hominem attacks on me.
They are insignificant.
Thanks for noticing that post,
Yigal
Yigal,

Of course your idea stands, for the planning dicussion..

So does Christine's as demonstration and proof of what really drives some presumptive stakeholders.

We all must really know that by now.
Paul, I am looking at what you have written:

So does Christine's [idea] as demonstration and proof of what really drives some presumptive stakeholders.

I have the impression the word presumptive indicates you believe I have no right to be a part of mepeace. Am I one of the presumptive stakeholders you are referring to? This term is disrespectful and insulting. If I am not one of the presumptive stakeholders, please tell us who they are, and how they came to have this status.

I am starting to think you have an obsession with being attacked due to the fact that you yourself appear to be constantly looking for devious ways to undermine and attack others. Is this behaviour a misguided form of defence?

Despite appearances, I still believe you to be well intentioned, but I would appreciate a proper explanation for your comment concerning me.
Christine,

Essentially I think that only the Direct Stakeholders can make peace. People like you and I are NOT Direct Stakeholders.

I am not obsessed. Or am I? Maybe paronoid.

All whimsey aside, if you can think of a better word than presumptive, please do that in the stakeholder discussion I started. That is Stakeholders: Who are they and who do they really help? which is at http://www.mepeace.org/forum/topic/show?id=661876%3ATopic%3A66551

Essentially I think that only the Direct Stakeholders can make peace. People like you and I are NOT Direct Stakeholders.

Christine: I was really hoping to limit discussions in the mePEACEplan group to just planning issues and not personalities.

Thanks and Be well...
Paul R
Emphasizing the sharing and the feeling of belonging is I think an essential how.

Roni mentioned this in
http://www.mepeace.org/xn/detail/661876:Comment:75185 where he wrote that: emphasizing the sharing and the feeling of belonging.
Celebrations, music, literature, art, sports -- these things cannot be underestimated in their power to unify.

RSS

Translate mepeace.org

Latest Activity

Amir Salameh updated their profile
Jun 25
Fredda Goldfarb updated their profile
Apr 15
Dr. David Leffler posted a blog post
Apr 9

Search mepeace.org

"Like" us on Facebook

Promote MEPEACE online

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eyal Raviv. Supported by One Region, One Future.   ..

Feedback | Report an Issue  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service