This is an open letter to all world leaders being placed on my website and will be sent to many world leaders, media, religious leaders and peace organizations.
TO Mr. Ban Ki-moon, UN Secretary General (Phone # (212) 963-5012, Fax # (212) 963-4879) To President Obama
To All World Leaders, all media and All Humanity
I request the USA President, Secretary General of the United Nations and all world leaders review the enclosed International Peace Every Day Treaty/Resolution for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Proposal.
There are two versions; the first is merely the currently in force UN Resolution: ia of 9/7/2001 International Day of Peace resubmitted with one change from International Peace One Day to International Peace Every Day. No other significant changes were made. The second version of the International Resolution adds many more details to the global truce proposal.
All world leaders are encouraged to please sign this petition to the UN Secretary General to show your support for a global truce resolution/treaty in the United Nations. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/world-leaders-request-a-un-vote-on-the-international-peace-every-day-treaty-for-global-truce-and/
Individuals may sign the following petitions: http://wh.gov/QlZ
I request the UN Secretary General accept this treaty proposal suggesting that International Peace One Day UN General Assembly Resolution A Res 55/282 be used as a foundation for an International Peace Every Day Treaty. Please submit official language based on this proposal idea to all nations for consideration for each UN member nation to sign. Please see my videos related to this http://youtu.be/Xj3Rlmmy1Y0 and http://youtu.be/SnO0bQ6pcrA
If a member nation must first sponsor this idea rather than being proposed by an individual and and an informal Going For A Global Truce Peace group then I request you contact the world leaders to ask them to please come forward and officially submit official language as soon as possible (preferably before 4/21/12) for an International Peace Every Day Treaty / Resolution for Global Truce and Global Cease Fire in to the UN to be reviewed. Please have this proposal scheduled for emergency consideration and signing as a treaty or voting upon as UN General Assembly and Security Council Resolutions to avert all war.
I call upon the UN Secretary General to help advocate with all world leaders to unanimously sign it if a treaty or a resolution is actually formally proposed.
Phase 1 Treaty Signing/ Resolution Vote: by or before 6/21/12. Phase 2 Treaty Signing or Resolution Vote: 9/21/12 and Phase 3 Resolution Vote: 12/21/12 as outlined in the proposal.
Hopefully this UN treaty / resolution for International Peace Every Day will be unanimously adopted. If all nations adhere to the global truce and global cease fire called for in this treaty proposal it will be one of the greatest thing that has ever happened to humanity throughout the course of our existence on Earth. Please, let’s give it a try.
I will continue to make improvements to the draft of the recommendations. I did not want to wait since time is of the essence. I request the UN consider this request seriously as it may reduce much of the fighting on Earth.
May Peace Prevail InThe UN and all over the Earth and Let It Begin With all of US! “MayGlobal Truce StartNow! MayGlobal Cease Fire StartNow!”
Please help me spread the word around the world. Please arrange a meeting for me to meet with The Secretary General Of the United Nations and please allow me to address the UNGeneral Assembly and the UN Security Council directly with this idea as soon as possible for the sake of all life on Earth.
Sincerely, Michelle Lee Rosenthal, LMSW From Brooklyn, New York USA
International Every Day of Peace Treaty Proposal (VERSION 1)
(Revision proposed based upon UN Resolution: A Res/55/282 of 9/7/2001 International Day of Peace http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/peaceday/resolution.pdf http://peaceoneday.org/un-ga-resolution/ http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N00/576/07/PDF/N0057607.pdf?OpenElement)
I have stricken out the words that have been taken out of the original A/Res 55/282 and underlined words that have been added to the existing UN resolution A Res/55/282 of 9/7/2001 International Day of Peace to change it from peace one day to peace every day.
Please introduce by 4/21/12 a binding treaty to be signed by all nations calling for International Peace Every Day or an amended version of UN Resolution A 55/282 of 9/07/2001 to voted on 6/21/12 and made permanent 9/21/12 changing the language from International Peace One Day to International Peace Every Day.
The following is the treaty proposed to be signed or adopted as a resolution by the UN General Assembly and Security Council:
The Universal Declaration of the Right to International Peace Every Day TREATY for Global Truce and Global Cease Fire
[Without reference to a Main Committee (A/55/L.95 and Add.1)] 55/282 International Day of Peace
International Every Day of Peace TREATY
or Resolution :
The General Assembly A Res 67/9-21 Proposed
Security Council S Res 67/9-21 Proposed
Recalling its resolution A 36/67 of 30 November 1981, by which it declared that the third Tuesday of September, the opening day of the regular sessions of the General Assembly, shall be officially proclaimed and observed as International Day of Peace and shall be devoted to commemorating and strengthening the ideals of peace both within and among all nations and peoples,
Recalling also its other relevant resolutions, including resolution 55/14 of 3 November 2000,
Reaffirming the contribution that the observance and celebration of the International Every Day of Peace makes in strengthening the ideals of peace and alleviating tensions and causes of conflict every day,
Considering the unique opportunity it offers for a cessation of violence and conflict throughout the world every day, and the related importance of achieving the broadest possible awareness and observance of the
International Every Day of Peace among the global community,
Desiring to draw attention to the objectives of the International Every Day of Peace, and therefore to fix a date for its observance each year that is separate from the opening day of the regular sessions of the
1. Decides that, with effect from the
fifty-seventh sixty-seventh session of the General Assembly, the International Every Day of Peace shall be observed on 21 September each year, with this date to be brought to the attention of all people for the celebration and observance of peace every day;
2. Declares that the International Every Day of Peace shall henceforth be observed every day as a day of global ceasefire and non-violence every day, an invitation to all nations and people to honour a cessation of hostilities
for the duration of the Day every day;
3. Invites all Member States, organizations of the United Nations system, regional and non-governmental organizations and individuals to commemorate, in an appropriate manner, the International Every Day of Peace, including through education and public awareness, and to cooperate with the United Nations in the establishment of the global ceasefire every day. Source: Source: www.un.org (upon passage!)
THE PROPOSED TREATY
(2nd Version: Much More Detailed)
The Universal Declaration of the Right to International Peace Every Day Treaty For Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Proposal
May Peace Prevail On Earth
Global Truce Starts Now! Global Cease Fire Starts Now!
Recalling: In the aftermath of two world wars and the unspeakable horrors of the Holocaust, world leaders signed the Charter of the United Nations in San Francisco on 26 June 1945.
Recalling: “We the people of the United Nations, determined to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war…”
Charter of the United Nations and the Statute of the International Court of Justice 1945 http://www.un.org/en/documents/charter/
Recalling: The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Constitution and its Preamble quote in 1945:
“Since wars begin in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that defences of peace must be constructed”
Recalling: The UN’s 4 main purposes as listed:
1) To keep peace throughout the World
2) To develop friendly relations among nations
3) To help nations work together to improve the lives of poor people, to conquer hunger, disease and literacy and to encourage respect for each other’s rights and freedoms.
4) To be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations to achieve these goals.
Recalling: 9/ Dec 48: The Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide: http://untreaty.un.org/cod/avl/pdf/ha/cppcg/cppcg_e.pdf http://www.preventgenocide.org/law/convention/text.htm
Recalling: A Res /2625 24 October 1970: The Declaration of Principles of International Law Concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States in accordance with the Charter of the UN: http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=A/RES/2625%20(XXV)
Recalling: A Res 37/10 of 15 Nov 1982 Manila Declaration on the Peaceful Settlement of International Disputes: http://daccess-ods.un.org/TMP/4290055.63259125.html http://www.un.org/documents/ga/res/37/a37r010.htm http://untreaty.un.org/cod/avl/ha/mdpsid/mdpsid.html
Recalling UN Resolution: A/Res/48/11 of 25 October1993, Observance of the Olympic Truce 7 days before the Olympic Games to 7 days following the closing of each Olympic Games:
Recalling: UN Resolution: A Res/53/243 6 October 1999 Declaration and Program of Action on a
Culture of Peace http://www3.unesco.org/iycp/uk/uk_sum_ethicalcharter.htm
Recalling: S/Res/1284 17 Dec 1999: for the establishment of the UN Monitoring Verification and Inspection Commission (UNMOVIC) http://www.unmovic.org/ http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/new/documents/resolutions/s-res-128...
Recalling: UN efforts at establishing a “Peace Culture” http://www3.unesco.org/iycp/uk/uk_sommaire.htm
Recalling: UN Resolution: A RES/55/2 UN Millennium Declaration http://www.un.org/millennium/declaration/ares552e.pdf
Recalling UN Resolution: A Res/55/282 of 9/7/2001 International Day of Peace http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/peaceday/resolution.pdf http://peaceoneday.org/un-ga-resolution/ http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N00/576/07/PDF/N0057607.pdf?OpenElement
Recalling: The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court http://www.icc-cpi.int/NR/rdonlyres/ADD16852-AEE9-4757-ABE7-9CDC7CF02886/283503/RomeStatutEng1.pdf http://www.preventgenocide.org/law/icc/statute/part-a.htm
Recalling UN Resolution: A/Res/64/4 of 19 October 2009 Building a Peaceful and Better World Through Sport and the Olympic Ideal http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N09/462/07/PDF/N0946207.pdf?OpenElement
Recalling UN Resolution: A/Res/66/L.3 October 2011 6 Week Olympic Truce For The London Summer Olympic Games in 2012: Sport for peace and development: building a peaceful and better world through sport and the Olympic ideal http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=a/66/l.3
Recalling: Numerous UN Documents, a Gathering Body of Global Agreements Culture of Peace:
Recalling UN Resolutions and Other Reference Documents:
Recalling: The Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and Toxin Weapons and On Their Destruction: http://www.unog.ch/80256EDD006B8954/(httpAssets)/ C4048678A93B6934C1257188004848D0/$file/BWC-text-English.pdf
Recalling & reconfirming all peaceful UN efforts to lead humanity in a peaceful direction:
Recalling all work of the UN: http://www.un.org/en/siteindex/
Recalling all UN Treaties: http://treaties.un.org/Home.aspx?lang=en
Recalling UNESCO: 12 November 1997 Declaration on the Responsibilities of the Present Generations Toward Future Generations http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.phpURL_ID=13178&URL_ DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.hml
UN History: http://www.un.org/en/aboutun/history/index.shtml
UN Culture of Peace: http://www.un-documents.net/k-001243.htm
Recalling the efforts of http://cyberschoolbus.un.org/
Recalling the UN Bill of Human Rights: http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/index.htm#core ________________________________________________________________________________
Noting: According To the Merriam-Webster Dictionary (m-w.com)
Definition of TRUCE
2: a respite especially from a disagreeable or painful state or action
The following language is proposed to be adopted by the UN General Assembly:
The International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire:
Universal Declaration of the Human Right to International Peace Every Day
1.Declares that The International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire shall be adhered to and observed every day by all nations and all people. International Peace will continue to be commemorated especially on International Peace Day, 21 September of each year.
Peace Every Day is to be maintained and brought to the attention of all people, for the celebration of and reaffirmation of our daily observance of peace.
2. Declares that international peace shall henceforth be observed
by all nations and all peoples every day, with global truce, global ceasefire and non-violence.
All nations and people are invited and encouraged to honor a cessation of hostilities every day.
3. Invites all Member States, all non-member states, organizations of the United Nations system, regional, non-governmental organizations
and all individuals to commemorate, in an appropriate manner, through education and Public awareness the International Peace Every Day Treaty
for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire on The International Day of Peace:
September 21st annually. International Peace, Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire will remain in effect every day between all nations, groups within nations, entities and peoples.
4. After the UN member nations sign the treaty or a vote ratifies this resolution: Each world leader is invited to simultaneously proclaim and sign an agreement on that date;
Global Truce Begins Now!
Global Cease-Fire Begins Now!
A Global Pact Begins Now:
Humans are urged not to kill humans.
Nations are urged to help humans.
Negotiation for peaceful resolution to all conflicts is urged.
Nations and peoples are urged to not engage in Elements of Crimes
as defined by the International Criminal Court.
Nations are urged to restore environmental damage of past wars.
Nations are urged to make comprehensive plans
to live peacefully and sustainably.
Global confession and amends for past wrong-doings is urged.
Nations are urged to put people over profits.
Nations are implored not to produce nuclear weapon
or weapons of mass destruction.
Global nuclear weapon elimination begins now.
Global international cyber-peace begins now.
Humanity hereby renounces war as an instrument of national policy.
Peaceful and friendly relations between their peoples shall be perpetuated.
Our Global-Family Reunion Begins Now!
Our Global-Family Feud Ends Now!
Nations are convinced that all changes in their relations with one another should be sought only by pacific means and be the result of a peaceful and orderly process. Any signatory Power which shall hereafter seek to promote its is national interests by resort to war a should be denied the benefits furnished by this Treaty;
Hopeful all nations of the world will join in this humane endeavor adhering to the present Treaty as soon as it comes into force bringing their peoples within the scope of its beneficent provisions, thus uniting the nations of the world in a common renunciation of war as an instrument of their national policy.
Together all humanity is invited to join in prayer and say:
5. All people and entities may proclaim
“Global Truce Begins Now, Global Cease-Fire Begins Now”
and are invited to say
“May Peace Prevail on Earth and Let It BeginWith Me”
Now and least twice daily; when you wake and just before you sleep.
6. This global ceremony may be repeated annually 21 September.
7. All leadership parties involved in war or armed conflict shall be urged to sign SPECIAL GOING FOR A GLOBAL TRUCE And GLOBAL CEASE-FIRE AGREEMENTS to cease and desist from ordering or engaging in military combat with each other. All parties to the agreement will be given an original copy of their agreement.
Each party to war or armed combat will be offered legal counsel to represent their interest in the nonviolent peace talks with each other supervised by a court designated by the UN.
Each of the conflicting parties’ leader (or designee) is urged to comply with emergency stat court appointment dates to have their peace talks supervised by a court with jurisdiction over the resolution of their dispute as designated by a UN referral and with appointments to participate in actual or virtual meetings at a UN designated Going For a Global Truce and a Global Cease-Fire Peace Planning Reconciliation Center as soon as possible to begin Emergency Comprehensive Going for a Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Peace Talks.
Each leadership party to an armed conflict will be advised to accept services of a multi-disciplinary team of Going for a Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire peace-planning and training professionals.
8. Let All UN Member Nations, Unrepresented Nations, Peoples and all Humanity immediately begin to take appropriate, peaceful, actions to put this treaty, and the global truce and global Cease-Fire into lasting effect.
9. A Global Amnesty may be granted to all parties who sign the official International Peace Every Day Treaty For Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Treaty from 6/21/12 to 12/21/12 and to all participants in the Emergency Comprehensive Going for a Global Truce and a Global Cease-Fire Peace Talks granting immunity from prosecution in the International Criminal Court or any court for past elements of crimes committed prior to 6/21/12 or the date the treaty was initially made available to sign PROVIDED: They fully uphold the International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Agreement from the very date the treaty is passed by UN resolution and HENCE FORTH Refraining from committing any further elements of crimes as listed by the International Criminal Court’s Elements of Crimes http://www.icc-cpi.int/NR/rdonlyres/336923D8-A6AD-40EC-AD7B-45BF9DE..
All treaty signers and non-signers alike are implored only to undertake peaceful resolutions to conflicts from this day forward. Violators of the treaty, of the global truce and the global Cease-Fire and of the elements of crimes will be subject to prosecution for all of their crimes in all applicable courts. No nation or country may be prohibited from signing this treat at any time. No organization or individual may be prohibited from signing a supplemental Global Truce, Cease-Fire Treaty Agreement online at any time. There shall be no charge or payment for signing the treaty or the supplemental treaty agreement. All Organizations, Groups, Entities and Individuals may sign the supplemental treaty pledge agreement electronically over the internet and download for free their commemorative copy of the International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire Supplemental Agreement, their personalized pledge agreement statement, and their personalized invitation to repeat the universal prayer
“MayGlobal Truce StartNow! MayGlobal Cease Fire StartNow!”
and to write, pray and say those words now and at least twice daily; once when you wake and once before you sleep.
This is a global outreach initiative for all humanity to participate.
For this global effort to attain peace on Earth to be successful the first step is for you to have the willingness to live peacefully. Do you have the willingness to live peacefully?
This concludes the proposal for the International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire. Please see over 500 Recommendations to help strengthen the peace at http://goingforaglobaltruce.com/ and on the pages to follow.
May Peace Prevail on Earth
“Global Truce Starts Now! Global Cease Fire Starts Now!”
Please see Going For A Global Truce You Tube Channel.
Please read the 500 recommendations to help strengthen the peace and increase adherence to the International Peace Every Day Treaty for Global Truce and Global Cease-Fire by all nations, organizations and people.
The UN, member nations, private organizations and corporations may work collaboratively or separately to establish or increase utilization of the following ideas in support of global truce, global cease-fire and peace:
1) UN and national Peace Manuals to be distributed widely to each nation and each embassy in multiple languages and placed on the UN Website.
2) Training Manuals to be distributed widely nation, embassy in multiple languages to each nation and each embassy and placed on the UN Website.
3) Adoption of the universal prayer: “May Peace Prevail on Earth and Let It Begin With Me!” to be said to open all UN General Assembly and Security Council Sessions and peace negotiations. Copies of this prayer can be issued to each UN ambassador on a laminated business card in their native language. Place the Prayer May Peace Prevail On Earth and Let It Begin With Me on the UN Employee Photo ID cards.
4) Publicize the “May Peace Prevail On Earth” prayer widely throughout the UN Headquarters and all UN Field Offices in the 101 languages it has already been translated into by the World Prayer Society at the UN. Place the prayer May Peace Prevail On Earth”on visitor passes, have the UN Tour Guides Discuss it, have it displayed on all napkins in all the UN Cafeterias etc.
5) Display a beautiful mural of the universal prayer “May Peace Prevail On Earth” in the voting chambers of the UN General Assembly and the Security Council in all 101 languages as already been translated by the World Prayer Society at the UN.
6) Enable all UN Language Translation Headsets provided to all UN Staff and Visitors have the capacity to play a prerecorded audio of the universal prayer “May Peace Prevail On Earth” upon request by the person pressing a special button to hear the prayer through their headset.
7) Display the Universal Prayer “May Peace Prevail on Earth “ Peace Pole and peace flag in front of each UN location, in the capital of each nation and as desired around the world. Major international organizations can spread the message May Peace Prevail on Earth can be written on Google, Yahoo or Facebook’s home page. They can make a logo and a gift where people can send it to other people.
8) Sell various commemorative copies of the Universal Prayer “May Peace Prevail on Earth”, full size and token size Peace Poles and peace flags, and assorted souvenirs, t shirts, jewelry and clothing through the UN Headquarters, all UN field offices and through the internet to the public, through all religious institutions and religious organizations, various wholesale and retail outlets. Partner with media outlets and private corporations and schools to make global advertising and educational campaigns celebrating: May Peace Prevail on Earth and Let It BeginWith Me.
9) The Universal Prayer “May Peace Prevail on Earth” campaign to be made widely disseminated around the world by many religious organizations and peace groups. People may be encouraged to write, pray and say this prayer at least twice daily, once when they wake and once before they sleep. This may have an enormously effective impact on securing peace on Earth
10) The World Peace Prayer Society at The UN http://www.worldpeace.org/un.html has made wide scale efforts to disseminate the Universal Prayer “May Peace Prevail on Earth” to nations and peoples around the world and people should be made aware of them: