My life is like a a three-legged stool: mepeace.org, the organization and my personal life. Here is an update:
Palestinians at Yad Vashem on Tish'a B'Av- July 20, 2010 - My friend Moad. Photo: Narine Melikyan
I. mepeace.org - network for peace in transformation
II. The MEPEACE organization - The annual meeting on June 13 was broadcast to the world in real-time through mepeace.org/chat.
- MEPEACE is pleased to announce the additions of Gershon Baskin, Chaya Singer and Mossi Raz to our board. Welcome aboard. See the notes at: mepeace.org/forum/topics/mepeace-meeting-13-june-full
- MEPEACE is proud of peacemaker Moad Arquob and the Palestinians he brought this week to visit the Holocaust Museum Yad Vashem (see picture). Let's support such good work!
- MEPEACE needs your help and financial support to enable our work for peace. The costs of hosting the mepeace.org web platform has gone up this week and I am looking for financial support for our work. If you have an interest, please email me.
III. Personal - What is new with me?
- This summer I completed my classwork for a Masters in conflict management and resolution at Ben Gurion University - Be'er Sheva, Israel. Making sense of what I learned...
- Next week I take off for Europe where I will help organize the MJC - the Muslim Jewish Conference in Vienna. I intend to conduct a listening tour of Eastern European countries who have been through conflict - in order to learn lessons for the Middle East. I plan to return before the Jewish new year.
- I am planning a fundraising trip to North America for this autumn. I plan to meet individuals, foundations and corporations who may invest in our network for peace. If you know someone who might support our work please let me know.
Thanks for your support and be in touch.